Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: An Appeal by everyone's favourite eco-loon, Greta Thunberg
If you see a young girl hitch-hiking and you happen to be passing in your electric vehicle, please stop and give her a lift: -- This message may be freely reproduced without limit or charge only via...
145
145

your tax dollars at work
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc lunatic fringe electronics
12
12

wax and EVA ratio information
This message is in response to Mr. Horton, who wanted to know a while back how much of the EVA glue sticks were needed to make paraffin properties more suitable for electronics potting. I have the...
5
5

online Chinese flyback with driver assemblies questions
Since my dual 2N3055 driven flyback power supply was accidentally thrown away, I was pondering building another until coming across subject mentioned assemblies. They're on eBay and elsewhere. Looks...
10
10

Re: OT: Hoverboard, what percentage of power is used for balance?
The question is how much work is done to keep the rider above the platform. so apart from computation and switching losses, for a travelling platform no extra work is needed.
1
1

PIC16: verifying PAGE local CALLs
I have this need to remove some redundant PAGESELs(for reasons) I want to check if the calls are in range, however. There is a macro for that on PICList. But it doesn't seem to work in gputils. maybe...

my DIY solder smoke remover
Ok, after getting some ideas here and online, this is similar to what I ended up with: The idea is to wet the layers to better grab smoke particles. I ended up modifying it slightly: That is simply a...
4
4

Windows 10 on AMD X2 3800+ ?
Hello, I used WinToUSB to install Windows 10 on a 128 USB/Flash stick. Windows 10 ISO used was: (UnOfficial RTM) During boot windows 10 hangs and a blue windows logo can be seen. Nothing else happens....
3
3

OT: Even a rat can do it teaching a rat to designg electronics part 1
So, I was thinking... How To Teach A Rat Electronics, and came up with a basic experiment: We give a male rat 3 things, 1 a tuned MW circuit to our AM transmitter 2 a Ge diode (OA79 comes to mind) 3...
3
3

Good Electronics podcast
Hi Been listening to this podcast the last month, quite good: Over 450 1 hour shows, some better than others Cheers Klaus
9
9

Super Simple Solar Energy
I think about doing a lot of things that I never actually undertake. And S olar Collectors are one example of this. Seems like a good project, but it also seems like a bunch of work. So another idea...
168
168

perfect flexible cable
It seems I'm always looking for better flexible cable to hookup sensors, etc. The standard offerings by Alpha and Belden are so unsatisfactory. But then I discovered a 10-foot length of nearly perfect...
11
11

LED boost driver question
There are a number of different inexpensive boost ICs of this style: for constant current driving LED strings from e.g. LiPo battery. Any problem with chip of that type having say two strings of...
16
16

QQintl and foreign supplier coms
Anyone tried to set up a QQintl account lately? QQintl2.11 file version 1.91.1369.0 doesn't seem to offer access to registration, or issuance of QQID, without which subsequent operation of the...

OT: Even a rat can do it
Even a rat can do it, Mr Elon :-) from: Electronic design is next :-) All neural nets
1
1