Subject Author Posted Replies

Favourite parts with off-label uses?
Following up on blocher's sterling work,(*) Many of us use parts off-label, often very successfully. A few examples: SAV-551+ pHEMTs make very good wideband bootstraps. Their f_max is around 12 GHz,...
140
140

OT: How we're preparing for COVID-19 over here
A little background first: "Over here" means a state the size of Israel in eastern India, sandwiched between Bangladesh and Burma (Myanmar) with a population of 1.7 million. We have little in common...
4
4

Funny Pandemia behaviors and observations
Laws regarding passing bicycle rider with your car have been in place and ignored for years. It took a deadly pandemic virus for the idiots to finally traverse past me MOVED THE FUCK OVER, like they...

Surveillance of Wastewater Could Reveal True Scale of Coronavirus Outbreak Present and Future
Wastewater monitoring has been used for decades to assess the success of va ccination campaigns against poliovirus, says Charles Gerba, an environmenta l microbiologist at The University of Arizona in...
7
7

two switcher circuits
Shared with Dropbox Shared with Dropbox
31
31

mSATA PCIe connector
I'm thinking of using a standard mSATA / PCIe card-edge connector in a miniature pocket-sized project. Its small 30mm width, with 52-contacts at 0.8mm, is good. The typical 50 max-uses spec is a bit...
28
28

OT: March 2020 hydroxychloroquine study
No significant effect vs. control group:
73
73

LT Spice alternate solver
I have a sim that hangs up unless I use the alternate solver. Is there a directive I can put in my circuit to force that? Or is there only the persistant setting in the tools/control panel menu? Good...

500A power source
In my search for a 8 to 10V, 500A source, needed for 2 seconds, I've been looking at LiFePO4, and LTO (Lithium Titanate) cells, in 38120 and 66160 sizes. All types of suppliers, plus completed battery...
41
41

varicaps?
They seem to be getting obsolete. Maybe I can cheat and use a regular pn diode. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
112
112

Re: Query: Specialized old clock
Thanks for the info. I blundered across an Arduino version of the calendar clock which adds a few features (atomic clock sync, month, tides, chimes): For the Time Nut who has everything. More such...
4
4

3D printable med supplies
NIH page: Like most "crowd-sourced" projects most of these designs are feel-good bullshit that nobody will ever produce in significant quantity; their creators only test on their own equipment and...
18
18

OT: News of This Disease is So Depressing
Mostly because so much of what is happening was preventable and what is goi ng to happen can still be prevented, but won't be. There should be no doubt in anyone's mind that New York City is in need...
8
8

OT RIP Philip Anderson
Nice thoughts and links here. Mostly for the physics types, George H.
1
1

Radon sensor?
No nothing about this area. Are there sensors available to do a diy tester? Interface with a PIC or PI and roll your own? Thanks for any info.
6
6