Subject Author Posted Replies

Simple front end circuit recommendation?
I?m looking for the simplest circuit that would achieve the followi ng please. SUPPLY: 18V DC, possibly from two PP3s. INPUT: A high or low going DC voltage, with max of 5-15V, with varying input...
15
15

Mouser now stocks MiniCircuits parts
Including the magical SAV-551+ pHEMT. That's the good news. The bad news is the price is double what it is on Cheers Phil Hobbs -- Dr Philip C D Hobbs Principal Consultant ElectroOptical Innovations...
14
14

OT: Swine Flu
This seems relevant to current events. Be sure to check the mouseover. -- Rick C. - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging - Tesla referral code -
4
4

Engineering challenge regarding corona virus
Hey! Wake up and smell the contribution opportunity, boys and girls!

England's Death Valley
Looking up the length of Great Britain, I discover that there's a place in Cambridgeshire called Holme Fen that is ten feet below sea level. I get how that could happen in the desert, but in...
44
44

Am I the only one that noticed?
The Johns Hopkins tracking site shows the "reported cases" "dots" in countries around the world as a single dot. Only the US has detailed spread data shown, and china has a lot of more localized data...
8
8

Possible design helper
[Search domain You want to go from idea to thing easier and faster and better than you can today. We're building the future of hardware product invention. Accessible and easy to use, but powerful...
1
1

Current COVID-19 Infection rate by state
This table shows the infection rate (cases per million population) for the top 10 states, and the rate relative to NY. Data is current as of today (3/28). Raw data source is: State Population Cases...
18
18

MIT-based team works on rapid deployment of open-source, low-cost ventilator
Intelligent, more capable and much better informed approach to an FDA approved working device: MIT-based team works on rapid deployment of open-source, low-cost ventilator Gonna really need these...
4
4

Military scientists, engineers develop ventilator prototype in response to COVID-19
2
2

Hey, I want one of these in my van!
We did NOT have those drivers back in the '70s.

Math and electrical desgin
A topic to elicit some thoughts.... How important is mathematics to you as an engineer? Do you consider yourse lf an applied mathematician? I would say that I do. As an analog designer how much do you...
140
140

250A - 500A "analog" pulser, rev a2.3
I've finished a 3rd rev of my RIS-796A "analog" fast pulsed current source. This beast can be programmed with all kinds of waveforms, over a 100:1 range of currents, up to 500 amps, and turned on or...
8
8

1-wire forums
Seeking a forum where 1-Wire is the nexus. Anyone found such a venue? -- A host is a host from coast to & no one will talk to a host that's close.......................... Unless the host (that isn't...
4
4

Dr William Haseltine MSNBC Interview
He really drops a bombshell on the pronounced incompetence ( think Sloman) of U.S. government executive management, revealing research had identified over 60 candidate antiviral drugs with very...
15
15