Xmas Electric razor recommendation.

Who better than an electronic designer to opine. My 25 yo jobber is getting dull. Ken

Reply to
Ken S. Tucker

The best shaver is the Bic disposable, used in the shower. The Walgreens ones are excellent, too.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom timing and laser controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer Multichannel arbitrary waveform generators

Agreed, using a Bic disposable is best done in the shower. The blood easily washes down the drain hole! ;)

Hence why I have a beard!

Reply to
Kennedy

Same here. Plus it hides a lot of "ugly" ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Ok, I have an electric razor now. It is a Remington rechargeable. I have had it about two years, on its second set of blades and foils. Expensive razors just cost more when they break, so I buy relatively inexpensive razors. This one was around $30 after Christmas a couple of years ago.

I also have an electric 'bladed' razor, a Gillette Fusion that I got free from a Microchip seminar.

If you want one to last another 25 years, you are out of luck... ;-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to
Tim Wescott

In a recent test from an independant consumer magazine the more expensive ones from Braun and Philips where te best.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Where's the line cord?

Reply to
John S

You need to try a Chinese style (not just Chinese made) electric razor. Rechargeable (2.4v), cheap and it is like a cat licking your face. As long as the hair is fairly short (2-3 days growth at most) they are fantastic for comfort but not the best in terms of speed. The whiskers come of as a fine powder which is really weird.

Reply to
David Eather

Norelco for those in the US. Any Norelco with a lithium ion should do the trick, but I always go for top of the line because it takes so long to kill a Norelco shaver. You don't miss the extra $50 between top of the line and bottom of the line over a decade or two. In the dark ages, I would put in new nicad packs, but with lithium ion, they last much longer. Phillips has battery fuel gauging and charging down to a science.

The blades are damn expensive and lots of price fixing since they seem to be the same price no matter where you go. If you are a Costco member, their packaged units tend to have an extra set of blades. That is $25 in your pocket right there.

Reply to
miso

The razor I'm using now, I bought in the 70's, it's Philips. Used a bic quite often too, ok, but messy on my desk. (Used a dish of warm h2o). Thanks guys, many of you are potential Santas. Ken

Reply to
Ken S. Tucker

Just make sure you get a crystal controlled model, for that 20 parts per million precision cut.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

I think someone should design smart hair clippers that only snip the grey hairs. That should be feasible. It could do split ends, too.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

I don't know about that.

I have a corded Norelco Reflex Plus going on 20 yrs.

Blades are $10.

It's not as close as a foil, but it doesn't jerk out hairs when the foils break either. :-)

Andy

Reply to
Andy K

You wouldn't want to get the shade setting wrong.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

--
Why not bypass the problem? :-)

JF
Reply to
John Fields

Well, if it's only the gray ones, I'd be safe. I'm long past gray. ;-)

Reply to
krw

That would make me bald! Come on man!

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

Who is doing the shaving and what are they shaving?

-- Paul Hovnanian mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com

------------------------------------------------------------------ Write a wise saying and your name will live forever. -- Anonymous

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.