XLR Connector Gender

Yeah, those PLASTIC shells have to have a great use in the industry in environs they were designed to be used in. NOT.

Cannon was the inventor, NOT Switchcraft, so there is nothing original about their licensed replication of the Cannon technology.

Talk about brand centric dorkism!

Reply to
MrTallyman

Recruit "people" for stupid tasks on a regular basis, do ya?

And yes, idiot, ZINC or MAGNESIUM BOTH can handle it, but the rock in the road IS harder than both metals, so BOTH will get scratched, abraded, bent, or whatever the world has for them.

Your stupid remark proves that you do not no much about physics.

Reply to
MrTallyman

There are some rather nice ones branded Amphenol coming out of Oz lately. I'm using quite a few of the

1/4" for guitar leads.

LV

Reply to
Lord Valve

** Yes, I should have said "'Amphenol" - the name changed quite a while back.

See:

and

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Dunno, didn't know they *weren't* available. We used a lot of them at the PPoE. I was also looking hard at their sealed Ethernet connectors. They do have some nice stuff.

We bought a few for the lab. They certainly didn't have the feel of the ones from the '60s. Seemed to be a lighter alloy.

Reply to
krw

More proof that you're a total moron.

Admission of stupidity accepted.

Reply to
krw

I was aking about when I strated using XLR, starting in the '60s

I'll dig out some of the old ones when i get a chance and weigh them. I think I still have a couple NOS from my field kit.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

They were originally named the "American Phenolic Co" before changing it to Amphenol. They sold their audio line and ring lock tube sockets & backshells to WPI in the '80s. Cooper Industries bought WPI around

2006. Amphenol is basically an aerospace company today.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Clap him in ions!

-- "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." (Richard Feynman)

Reply to
Fred Abse

(XLR) input and output connectors. Is there a standard for gender selection for the input and output chassis connectors? I?ve seen equipment that uses male for both inputs and outputs. I?ve also seen equipment that uses male for outputs and female for inputs. Is there a preferred gender assignment?

We use them for defrost heaters on superconductive magnets, 120 volts at 1 amp. They are rated for something crazy like 15 amps, which must compute to some impressive SPL out of a dynamic microphone.

(that just came up again today)

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

"John Larkin"

** A very poor and unsafe choice for use with mains voltages, has inadequate insulation and no agency approvals.

The "PowerCon" is the preferred and safe connector for that kind of job.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Too late! It's passed all the tests.