XLR Connector Gender

Michael A. Terrell = PSYCHO SCUM "

( snip heaps of mindless abuse)

** This net stalking MORON needs to be dealt with.

Complain to his ISP and get him booted off.

The guy is seriously mentally ill.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Too bad your sub human father wasn't 'snipped' before he inflicted the world with your useless ass. That's what happens when a family tree never branches.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Phil Allison" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

I have a couple of AKG D19E microphones that have 5 pin XLRs, allowing impedance selection.

I have an RCA stereo mic with a 5 pin XLR for left and right.

Far better than the old Electrovoice and Shure mics that used Ampjenol screw-on connectors.

Amen.

--
Bob Q.
PA is y I've altered my address.

Michael A. Terrell = PSYCHO SCUM "

( snip heaps of mindless abuse)

** This net stalking MORON needs to be dealt with.

Complain to his ISP and get him booted off.

The guy is very seriously mentally ill.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

How about LESS ions?

Reply to
Robert Baer

Phil, Why don't you take your narcissistic claim of intellectual superiority and stuff it where the sun don't shine. You're truly "dumb as an ashtray" >:-} ...Jim Thompson

I have to laugh, when some self proclaimed expert tries to tell me that Neutrik is better than Switchraft.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Forward all of his rants and threats to: snipped-for-privacy@tpg.com.au

Make sure to include the full headers.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Jim Thompson"

** You are every bit as egomaniacal, autistic and mental as Terrell.

Stick your completely asinine opinions right up your fat arse.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Wrong, again, as always.

*Proof*? Don't be absurd.

The body, idiot.

Reply to
krw

They also have the housing, which *is* used. ...and everyone has a different idea of what it should be used for.

Reply to
krw

Neutrik is cheap and better than most.

Reply to
krw

one

I used to solder a wire from the tab to pin one for our rental systems because a lot of jobs were in high RF areas.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Switchcraft isn't cheap, but some 'pros' equate cheap with quality. Some brag that they can assemble them without tools. That never interested me. It also means that people can get into them without tools to damage your equipment.

I have 40 year old Switchcraft that are still in good shape. I've had people drive over the cast zinc connector shells on blacktop, and all it did was scratch the plating. I've see all kinds of Canon, Amphenol and cheap brands that were cracked. The early Japanese copies of Amphenol were real crap. The screws would strip out from just using the plugs, and they crappy, flaking plating on the pins made poor contact. The first I saw was in some Midland audio gear in 1970.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

yeh, the Neutrik is so much easier to assemble and the strain relief is brilliant

seems switch craft has learned:

20SERIES%20CD.PDF

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

We used mostly Neutrik because they were a lot cheaper and "good enough". Every once in a while we got some Chinese Neutrik knock-offs, though.

No one makes stuff like they did 40 years ago.

Reply to
krw

I prefer the original Switchcraft version.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

When did they start selling them in the US? i was in the commercials osund business from the mid '60s and there were only three brands availible back then. I hated the Amphenol & Canon becasue so many were missing screws. Canao used a nasty grey rubber for the insultor, and the Amphenol used a very brittle blue plastic like what they used in their early edge connectors.

What did they change? The last new Switchcaft A3F & A3M is saw were identical to the originals, and the parts were interchangable.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

A friend of mine had a problem, and he needed a connector to mate with the five pin XLR on his keyboard. I looked and looked, and finally found a five pin female XLR plug, went to repair his keyboard, and realized that he didn't need it! Instead of a five pin male panel mount, what he had was the remains of a five pin female panel mount, with the heart of the connector pulled out!

It had taken me months to find that connector...

Reply to
Charlie E.

= FUCKWIT & LIAR

** No proof is needed that YOU are a congenital LIAR.

Fuck off - you stinking criminal TROLL !!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Phil Allison