Re: I am looking for a piece of equipment to regulate the audio level of my audio (see indide plese)

Can't provide you with the solution requested but I have found that

> such variations are much less of a problem with high quality external > amps and speakers. Some of what we object to with the louder signals > is the distortion imposed by those dinky TV amp/speakers, > > Kal > > > > > >I am looking for a piece of equipment to regulate the audio level of > >my audio output TV set. > >Cable or satellite, they all have the same problem. We change channel > >and the audio level varies some times more than 6 dB . The worse > >offender is CNN ( a channel that I would preferred to be 6 dB lower) > >Ideally it should be an assembly that included two amplifiers the > >automatic gain control and two decent speakers. Ideally the units > >should have a remote control (one more for the collection) to control > >the power, the volume and some settings for the 'automatic gain > >control} > >Most TV sets today have little speakers most of the times on the side > >of the set that decrease the intelligibility and provide poor > >response. > > > >Does this device exists or do I have to make one? > > > >Vlad

Hi, Yes it is possible and even some TV"s feature this ..My Panasonic has this feature..You have to look at the specs to find it.. Sometime cable companies will adjust the overall sound level on a channel to reduce cross talk and co-channel interferrence..Air channels I reason will sometimes lower the audio level of the show so you have to turn up the volume..Then blast you with the commercial..(just my guess) As to a vague description of how it can be done is to use a resistive voltage divider but the lower leg is a FET ..There as you vary the gate voltage, the ratio is changed due to the changing drain resistance..This is a less elagant way to do it but you get the idea.. Good Luck, JP

Reply to
jolphil