X10 Modulation Theory

Use a transformer secondary in series with a capacitor.

Reply to
Robert Baer

What box?

;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

The "we've always done it this way" box... unless I'm really hungry I usually just decline to quote those jobs. ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

I hope you make that available.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

I'm having some pretty wild, easy-to-implement ideas ;-)

I'll post once I build it... I'm into surgery next week to repair a colon-bladder fistula... how long I'm out of commission, I don't know. ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

I hope that's not as bad as it sounds.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Sort of. The doc suspects an infected diverticulum (*) burst and the infection spread to my bladder, forming a tube (fistula) connection from colon to bladder. I started out pissing blood, then it got more vile :-(

But they apparently are going to do the repair via a laparascope.

(*) I've had diverticulitis since my late 20's... courtesy of the stress of working for Motorola. Cured the ulcer part by laying myself off in 1970 ;-) ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

LC series tank across the line, with a switch across the capacitor ?

Jasen Betts

X10 modulates the line by a tuned RF Xfmr that is capacitively coupled across line and neutral. The modulation is a pulsed carrier of 120KHz, as I remember.

Please view in a fixed-width font such as Courier.

Dave M

Reply to
Dave M

That's not really RF, usually RF implies wireless. However, ATT might be testing real RF on power lines; basically, power line as giant antenna. That would solve the problem of going through transformers.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee