Wiring a reversible 24v dc motor

Hi all,

I've thrown myself in at the deep end with a university project and have hit a wall with my lack of experience in electronics.

I have a 24v dc reversible motor that I'm hoping to drive off two seperate outputs from a Zelio smart relay. I can get the motor to turn individually in both directions if I wire the Zelio outputs up one at a time(ie wire one up and leave one output disconnected).

However, if I wire them both up to the unit, it "reboots" itself and doesn't drive the motor at all.

I assume this is because I have the two sets of wires connected directly to the motor in order the "reverse" the polarity when needed, but I can't think of what to do to solve my problem.

I originally thought of having diodes?? inline with the wire befor I connect them to the motor, but I don't know if this is correct or would work.

I'd appreciate any help any of you could give. many thanks

Steve

Reply to
nffcspw

Dunno what a zelio is, got a URL?

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Usualy you would need to wire one end of the motor to one relay and the other end to the other relay. this is assuming the relays are spco type with top/bottom contacts connected to +24v/0v

Colin =^.^=

Reply to
colin

nffcspw

Those idiots want me sign on and log just to get a data sheet, f*ck 'em,

sorry

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Don't know what kind of animal Zelio is but ANY DPDT(Double Pole Double Throw) relay should do. The motor connected to the common terminals a and b Power connected 'positive' to NCa and NOb (Normally Closed and Normally Open) Negative power connected to NCb and NOa. Activating the relay reverses polarity of supply to motor.

HTH

Stanislaw Slack user from Ulladulla.

Reply to
Stanislaw Flatto