case grounded motor wiring

I am wiring a car windshield wiper motor directly to a car battery. The wiring diagram says +12v Terminal1 -12v case grounded Does that mean to connect positive lead to terminal one and the negative lead from the battery is made to contact the case, probably at the mounting bolt? I realized that is probably as basic a question as it gets, but if you don't know?

Thanks Pat

Reply to
Pat Kilgore

yes

Reply to
Jamie

The

negative

Hi Pat, My experience with windshield wiper motors (newer car versions) is they have a dual speed and a parking position(wipers stop at bottom). If this is the type that you are working then there should be be more connections. Dave

Reply to
Dave

Thanks for reply Jamie. Hooked it up this morning and runs like a charm.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Kilgore

Hi dave, Yes there are five terminals. Motor came with diagram though indicating the low speed terminal, which is what I wanted. Other terminals were for higher speed and park function as you indicated. One terminal wasn't on diagram so that is the mystery terminal.

But I didn't know what case grounded meant. Although it seems like English I wasn't positive and didn't want to take the chance of toasting it. So its working fine with pos to term 1 and neg to case.

thanks for reply.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Kilgore