Will you ever buy a Gawdy Red Mac book?...[PIC]

Stumbled across a really gawdy and bling-bling red mac book. Never expected such product from apple. eww it hurts my eyes .....

PIC:

berry009

It looks like a vapourware product. That is, CAD generated graphics that are only a representation of the (possible) end product.

I say vapourware, because I've only ever seen CAD drawings of products that haven't actually been designed, the intention is to scope out the market response to see if it's going to be worthwhile or not. In other words, their market testing revolves almost entirely around the _looks_ of the product.

Thus the term vapourware.

I'm real impressed. Not.

Doesn't tell me anything new about Apple though. Then again, when their major market is cashed-up generation "Y"ers, they're on a good thing. Would be interesting to see what happens when GenY grows up and learns a few things, will the next generation be as stupid?

--
Linux Registered User # 302622
Reply to

If you follow the link you'll see it doesn't seem to be anything to do with Apple.

quote:

.....consider letting the paint pros at Colorware spray your new MacBook in a nice shade of red, purple, green or pretty much any other color you can imagine. After recently seeing their work in person, there's simply no other company we'd ever recommend to do something like this. With Colorware's MacBook custom paint service ($450) you can pick between 28 standard colors .....

endquote:

-- Regards Malcolm Remove sharp objects to get a valid e-mail address

Reply to
Malcolm Moore

Oh, then my rant was unwarranted. It's a shame, I hate apple's marketing. Anyway...

I had a friend who painted his PC case from the beige (in those days it was the ONLY colour you could get), to gunmetal blue.

We all ohhed and ahhed for a while.

He kept it for almost a six months before tossing it out due to an upgrade. Yes, you guessed it, to yet another beige case.

Do the (Tiawanese/Chinese/Whoever is cheaper this year) have no imagination? Your choice nowadays now includes the new black. Of course, just in case that's way too adventurous for you, you can still pick the ever popular beige.

--
Linux Registered User # 302622
Reply to
John Tserkezis

gaudy.

"Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves." ~D.H. Lawrence, Classical American Literature, 1922

So, probably, yeah.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria