Will Pay for Help Need Design

My suggestion is to use a freescale MPX2200 pressure sensor (40mV, 0-30PSI), 741 (or others) op amp and a MC9S08QG8 micro (8K flash, 512 bytes ram).

Less than $10 each in Qty 10. We are going to make a batch anyway.

Reply to
linnix

Yes, but a good assembler writer will whip the ass of any C coder on a micro this small.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

off

I thought about doing it that way before. I just don't think the piezo can take the beating.

As far as for the rest of you. This part has nothing to do with the project. It's just an instrument that will be used to collect the data that he needs for the project. Just trying to help my son with his project and to have fun working with him.

Thanks for all the great input so far. I will be sure to post a link to some pictures when i figure it out.

Reply to
ezbuyy

Hi,

I'm thinking connect the murata sensor to a voltage comparitor. A simple op-amp comparitor circuit will do. Connect the op-amp output to a monostable oneshot, and that to a led. The higher the impact, the higher the voltage from the sensor, when the voltage gets to a trip point level the comparitor switches state and triggers the monostable. The monostable is there to keep the led on for a predefined period otherwise you miss seeing it. If it was a baseball bat that you were using, then the sensor would go at the end where you put your hands. Enough shock should transmit down the bat to reach the sensor I imagine. A direct hit by a baseball on the sensor would not be good thing. As I indicated before, the minor details get you every time. Hunt around for shock sensor detection circuits on the net. I'm sure there must be thousands out there. Regards Robert ( http:

)

Reply to
p1dRobert

works.

lighters.

off

Experiment.

volatage.

Yes, you need to dampen the shock. I was thinking about enclosing the pressure sensor in Liquid Gel.

The pressure sensor can take 30 PSI. You can hit it with higher force if enclosed in Gel.

Reply to
linnix

I started working with piezo set up with 3 comparators. The piezo generates over 90v i need to figure a way to use that along with the comparators to get what i want. Do you have a link to info about how to use a monostable and/or comparators. Thanks.

Reply to
ezbuyy

Read up on piezo sensors here

Murata make a couple of Shock Sensors which may be suitable.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

--
Once the determination has been made as to the force of the hit and
the proper LED has been turned on, do you want that LED to stay on

I would like them to stay lit for about one second so it's visible. And maybe i would like to toy with it later on and have stay lit for longer amount of time.

Reply to
ezbuyy

this may be worth a look:

(you don't have to buy from that site it's a common part.)

hook it to your piezo and leds The datasheet shows how to make a peak indicator which sounds like what you want.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

--
OK.  Since you can't access alt.binaries.schematics.electronic, I
just emailed you a schematic of something that'll do what you want.

I also posted it to abse in case anyone else is interested.
Reply to
John Fields