need help with rf design

Hi, I'm a relatively inexperienced electronics hobbyist and have am looking for a rf circuit to fit a certain need.

What I'd like to have, is simply one circuit(a) which will emit an rf frequency, and another seperate circuit(b) a few feet away, to detect circuit (a)'s transmission.

Basically a very simple remote control, press a button on one circuit, and have it effectively turn something on in another remote circuit. Also, the smaller, and simpler the better.

Any help will be much appreciated, thanks a lot.

Reply to
Brian Louisos

Try the "Digital Wireless for the Bench Top" link here:

Another way you can go is to buy a matching pair of RF transmitter/receiver boards, like these:

You can get them at

The transmitter and receiver will cost about $14.

--
Regards,
   Robert Monsen

"Your Highness, I have no need of this hypothesis."
     - Pierre Laplace (1749-1827), to Napoleon,
        on why his works on celestial mechanics make no mention of God.
Reply to
Robert Monsen