WiFi

On Sat, 23 May 2015 05:02:34 -0500, John Fields Gave us:

I have worked with rack full of the stuff, and that close spacing is a PITA on a fully populated bank. They require nearly half a turn to release, and that means you are digging into the next one over before you have released the one you are after. Staggered or a bit more widely spaced is far better.

Especially when a cheap jumper gets bought and used, and the tension in the internal spring is higher.

We only used them for synch pulsing and 10Mhz stuff. Upward of that SMA gets used. Practically industry wide, save for old oscilloscopes.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sat, 23 May 2015 06:20:26 -0700, John Larkin Gave us:

Baseband gateways. 17 cities, including one in Tasmania...

Off the shelf 1U panels do not cramp the way an idiot like you does.

And despite you stating that they are PCB mounted, there should also be hard header attachment.

Your shit design would NOT pass any vibe test.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sat, 23 May 2015 10:18:26 -0500, amdx Gave us:

I have not had one since my mom passed. That was over ten years ago.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sat, 23 May 2015 11:28:45 -0500, John Fields Gave us:

Your dropbox links are non functional

--
Clever! :)

2nd try:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ar5gc9apycki0y0/DSCN1679.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0sl7yx5f2itcxb7/DSCN1682.JPG?dl=0

John Fields
Reply to
John Fields

--
Thanks.

Just now fixed, I think.

John Fields
Reply to
John Fields

--
You still here???
Reply to

I see you don't have the ability to fill in a missing word. I did it above for you. You should not have an Obamaphone, if you have 18" wheels and low profile tires on your car. ie. if you can buy the wheels you can buy your own phone. I hope that helps you. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I can't find my BNC removal tool but my guess(tm) is it's about 0.32in thick. With 0.071in clearance, there's plenty of clearance.

Yep. That's why someone invented a BNC removal tool. You really should buy one.

Huh? Look at the BNC plug. It's exactly 90 degrees, not 180 degrees to release. Notice the 90 degree milled slot in the photo:

Some lower density rack patch panels I've seen use staggered connectors as you describe. Rack space is often a luxury.

There is no internal spring. There's a flat red rubber washer in the base of the plug that provides the holding force. AFAIK these are all the same, except for the Amphenol waterproof BNC connectors, where the flat washer is molded to wrap around the edge of the receptacle. The ones that are difficult to insert are usually old, where the rubber has hardened.

You were saying something about terminations. Some BNC receptacles auto-terminate when the plug is removed:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

On Sat, 23 May 2015 16:49:08 -0700, Jeff Liebermann Gave us:

Fire up digital FM. The UK's "Zenith Classic Rock" station.

We should get everyone on the same page.

I just wish they would quit saying "idea" as "idear". ;-)

That crap even carried over into New England locales. So sad.

Oh, that's right, we were talking about *old* electronic gear.

Tops out at around 4GHz (on a good day).