WiFi

One advantage of old age... I don't have to contend with Obamacare. I've been on Medicare A+B plus a Mutual of Omaha Supplemental Policy for ~13 years. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

We did think about the spacing. They are 650 mils apart, and you can easily get your fingers in there to mate and unmate cables. The "monitor" connectors are rarely used, just when people want to scope the outputs, one or two at a time. The customer wanted them.

Terminators wouldn't serve any electrical purpose. BNC protective caps would provide some mechanical protection to the connectors, until people lose them. Plastic caplugs, maybe? They'd lose them, too.

It's better if they don't drop the box.

We really like this box; we designed it here, and it's really easy to work on. The screw holes are countersunk after anodizing, so everything is grounded. Wrecks countersinks, of course.

What's weird is that we can generally design an enclosure, and get it fabbed with all the right holes and PEMs and anodize colors and stuff, cheaper than we can buy a standard enclosure that needs secondary operations.

If I found the cure for cancer, you'd disapprove.

 Click to see the full signature

Yes, they have become the safeway to do drug deals. Don't start, whitey does drug deals too!

or get a free one from the feds. Or get several free

amdx

Republic Wireless has a $10 a month deal for unlimited talk and text. But as hardworking taxpayers, we should provide smart phones for those who can't afford them. ;-/ Even though a smart phone is a cost I have avoided in my effort to provide for myself. I am sure the government pays more than $10 each to give away free phones.

Mikek

amdx

There are lots of no-contract cell phones around for less than $20. You can buy "minutes" cards for $10 or so, as you need them. Cheap for occasional use.

 Click to see the full signature

I agree. Along with the cell phones we should stop providing free road access to all those who can't afford to pay. Likewise for the many other services that we all contribute to. Heck, I seem to recall someone here bragging that he had a virtually private road to his home as he was the only home on a rather long length of road. Why should I be paying for that?

--

Rick
Reply to

In the broadcast and RF biz, rack mounted BNC connectors are also closely spaced. For example: AFAIK, there is no standard spacing. However, the defacto minimum seems to be either the thickness of the BNC removal tool and/or outside diameter of the nut driver used to secure the connector: Saves wear and tear on the knuckles. There are similar tools for removing F-connectors used in CATV.

Attaching terminators is a bad idea. People like me steal them.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Our BNCs are soldered to a PC board, so there's no nutdriver issue. The limit is the OD of the knurled part of the mating connectors.

0.65" is OK. That leaves a little daylight between the mates.
 Click to see the full signature

On Fri, 22 May 2015 11:21:14 -0700, John Larkin Gave us:

Then you should have at least staggered them.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

--
Never heard of these?:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8rl5i4ef9f0s9x9/BNC%20cap%20with%20chain.jpg?dl=0
Reply to
John Fields

--
According to this:

http://www.amphenolrf.com/downloads/dl/file/id/2843/product/445/031_202_customer_drawing.pdf
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Fields

There's no room, and the box looks nice.

There's nothing that needs fixing.

Show us a box that you designed.

 Click to see the full signature

Show us a box that you designed.

 Click to see the full signature

It feels fine when you mate and unmate cables. It's not a problem.

The electronics is pretty spiffy. Rob did some DSP stuff that's hard to believe. It will be up on the web site soon.

 Click to see the full signature

Considering the history of your building, have you considered shipping small parts and such like in boxes such as these?

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

You act like people can't survive without a cellphone. If can buy a set of 18" wheels and low profile tires I shouldn't be buying you a cellphone. Mikek

amdx

--
Sure; here's two:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dfpwmisrrdfq5xh/DSCN1683.JPG?dl=0
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Fields

But my curiosity grew stronger; hesitating then no longer, I gave in and clicked the link to see what waited there in store. And with the clicking, came the ticking, of the page that was no more Quoth the server, "404"

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Well that solves it, 404 at the website which I guess means you have nothing to show for yourself!

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

Can you repost that as a complete sentence? I don't know what you are saying.

--

Rick
Reply to