Why flash a flash need 1 hour ...

Hi All,

Why flash a 4MB flash takes so long time? I remember I flash a 2MB flash it only costs 1min.

P.S Different project.

Best regards, Boki.

Reply to
Boki

Boki =E5=AF=AB=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A

It is a 4 Mbit, low voltage, Serial Flash memory, with 50MHz SPI bus interface.

Reply to
Boki

Are you complaining that the manufacturer's specified method takes an hour or an existing programmer takes a long time ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Pooh Bear =E5=AF=AB=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A

r or an

An existing programmer takes a long time. :)

Not resonable, unless the mcu is too slow.

Reply to
Boki

or an

I suspect the programming algorithm in the programmer may not be optimal. I've seen different programmers take different times to program the same device.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Pooh Bear =E5=AF=AB=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A

hour or an

I've seen

Thanks for information, in fact, I am using a low speed mcu to program, not PC directly..

Best regards, Boki.

Reply to
Boki

A suggestion: look at the programming waveforms with a scope. Compare what you see- clock speeds, data setup and hold times etc.- with what the datasheet says is the maximum rate for the device. That will at least give you an idea where you can improve your algorithms.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

Paul Burke =E5=AF=AB=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A