Which pin is pin 1, followup

Generally if you can't tell by the "official" markings you can align the chip so the text is right side up -- then pin 1 is in the lower left-hand corner.

It'll become obvious after a while.

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Yes, A. BTW, could be wrong, but it looks like pin 8 might be folded under the chip.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I am new to using chips and such, and wanted to double makee sure which pin is pin 1.

The chip is XR2206PC.

I marked the possibilities with letter A, B, C, D.

The datasheet is here

I do not want to mess anything up, so I would like to know what is pin

  1. I think that it is a pin that I marked with letter A, but I am not
100% sure. i
Reply to
Ignoramus5275

"Ignoramus5275" wrote

It's A. A is pin 1. The semi-circular recessed notch identifies the Pin 1 end of the chip. AFAIK, the fully circular smooth area on the lower end of the chip is a manufacturing artifact. I believe it is where molten plastic is injected to form the case of the chip. It could also be the vent pipe for the injection moulding process. Some chips will have a much smaller fully circular dot right next to Pin 1, others may just have a notch at the end.

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

Yup.

Reply to
Kevin G. Rhoads

Thanks gentlemen, I think that I got it now. I was quite sure that it was pin A, but did not want to mess it up.

Ignoramus5275

See the top of page 3. Left hand pin layout. Nice of you to post the very answer to your question.

Reply to
Geoff

You will if you do not unfold the pin 8 (B) It does look like it is folded under the chip like Sphero said.

--

    Boris Mohar
Reply to

page 4 would be better

Pete

Thanks PB...

Ignoramus5275

Depends on if you mean the page marked 3 or the page the PDF reader calls 3. Adobe reader numbers the pages counting the cover page as 1 but the pinout diagram appears on the page of the document marked 3 at the bottom.

Reply to
Geoff

Pin 1 is A.

The notch identifies the Pin1 'end'.

The circular shape is from the moulding tool used to encapsulate the IC.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear