Where to find package size diagram (TO-220, TO-262, etc)

Any one know where I can find a chart or diagram that shows the various package sizes and there dimensions? thanks jim

Reply to
chapmjw

maybe

I just use whats on the manufactures' data sheet

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

--
Google for the package.

For instance, TO-220 will get you 1,430,000 hits
Reply to
John Fields

I look at the part library in my PCB layout program. D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

JEDEC.ORG is the main standards body for semiconductor packaging. You have to register, but the free-site has all the info you need for the packages you mentioned.

Tom P.

Reply to
tlbs101

I don't trust the part library in my PCB program - I look at the manufacturer's data sheet to be sure.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI  Vancouver BC, Canada
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

The TO92 package is my favorite target for venom

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Ok...I'll admit I did verify the part library with data sheets when I was learning the PCB program. It's a trustworthy library now and my package database. Heyyy.. I'm in BC too...How's that chilly clear sky weather? :) D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

I don't know why Google even bothers to count the hits... They don't display results past 1,000.

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

Counting hits tells you whether your filters are too broad or too narrow.

--
Many thanks,

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don Lancaster

the number is there to hint to the user that they may wish to narrow their search. anyway above about 50 they don't count the hits, they estimate them.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

I once replaced an overseas transistor with a domestic one, and had to swap two of the leads. I used a little snippet of teflon tubing on one of them and put a half-twist in the pair.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

you could have rotated it 180 degrees and passed one leg between the others

--
Bye.
   Jasen
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
jasen

Not if the holes are in a single line, which was VERY common with Japanese plastic small signal transistors.

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That's what it was. The TV's still working, BTW. :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise