Where to buy 40pin edge-connector (2mm spacing)?

I need some 40 pin card-edge connectors. It's the kind which has been for the Atari ST cartridge port. Unfortunately I can't find them for sale anywhere (Probably because of the rather unusual 2mm pin-spacing instead of the more common 0.1" - this makes me wonder if they were made by Atari's own specifications, or if they're a commonly available, but hard to find part).

Here's a photo of it:

and here's another photo which shows how it mates with a PCB edge at the other end:

Finally, here's a layout I've made of it using Eagle:

So, does anyone know where I can buy them from or have any information about manufacturer etc. which would help me trace down its origins?

Reply to
NoSp

hi, they look like the old ISA slots on older type computer mother boards, a bit longer they are , but cut to fit , maybe, desolder them of the m/b with a lpg torch ? mark k

Reply to
mark krawczuk

Where can I get a datasheet which shows the dimensions, spacings etc for ISA connectors? I can't seem to find anything.

Reply to
NoSp

They are 0.1" pitch anyway so no good for your application.

Graham W   http://www.gcw.org.uk/ XP1800+ Page added, Graphics Tutorial
WIMBORNE   http://www.wessex-astro.org.uk/ Wessex Astro Society's Website
Dorset UK  Info, Meeting Dates, Sites & Maps
Reply to
Graham W

That's too bad :-( So the ISA slots have the same sort of connection at the end which mates to a PCB-edge; 2mm spacing between each PCB "finger", but the solder-pins at the other end are pitched at 0.1"? Strange.

Another approach to my project would be to use a connector of some sort that matches the pin-spacing of those Atari connectors (2 rows (20 pins) spaced 5mm apart, and 2mm apart for those 20 pins, as shown in my illustration). Are there connectors (preferrably for flat-cables) that fit this pinout?

Reply to
NoSp

No! The interval between each edge connection is 0.1". The Motherboard end is still 0.1".. The system is called a 0.1" double-sided interface.

Read above.

There are loads of different connectors out there - you just have to do the groundwork. BTW, describing such as 'Atari' connectors doesn't help as many peeps never owned an Atari.

Graham W   http://www.gcw.org.uk/ XP1800+ Page added, Graphics Tutorial
WIMBORNE   http://www.wessex-astro.org.uk/ Wessex Astro Society's Website
Dorset UK  Info, Meeting Dates, Sites & Maps
Reply to
Graham W

The PCI specs have good drawings. They want $ though.

Hal Murray