Where Do I start?

I want to record audio from an AM radio, put it in proper form to download it to an mp3 player. I need a timer to start the radio and download at certain time each day.

So I need a program that will watch the clock and power up the radio at a preset time.

I need a program that converts analog audio to mp3 format.

I also need to know what else do I need to know :-)

Is there a newsgroup that would be a better fit for this type question?

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
amdx

alt.comp.freeware is usually a good source for what you want

Probably be no problem finding the programs, doing the whole thing automatically might be more elusive - if that was your intent.

default

amdx wrote: |I want to record audio from an AM radio,

JeffM

If by automatically you mean, I set the timer and it saves the audio to disc

5 days a week with no further attention, yes that is my intent. Thanks, I'll check alt.comp.freeware. Mike
Reply to
amdx

Are you saying google is my friend? Thanks, this brought up a useful program and a bunch of groups discussing this topic. Mike

Reply to
amdx

Nice of you to notice. ;-)

Cheers! Rich