My monitor display shakes when cable tv cable is pluged in to the modem

Greetings everyone.I have problem with my cable connection.All time when my cable tv cable is connected to cable modem(which is actually all the time)the display of my monitor is shaking, or should i say wibrating or flickering...you know what i mean.When I unplug modem from computer, or unplug cable tv cable from modem then everything is ok.This clearly suggests that cable tv cable is responsible for this.Does anyone have some advice what to do?Help please.

Reply to
blackonyx001

Call the cable TV company and tell them about it.
Reply to
John Fields

Find a better home for the Cable Modem !!!

The only way that the Video Monitor can be affected in this way is via Electro-magnetic interference !!

I am surprised that the Modem is Radiating a strong Electro-Magnetic Field. I would have thought that a Switch Mode Power Supply (SMPS) would NOT produce a strong enough field to affect the CRT Monitor. IE. We are not dealing with a Power transformer in a Power Pak.

I am assuming that we are NOT dealing with a LCD Monitor, in which case, simply locating the Modem further away from the back of the CRT Monitor should solve the problem.

If this is a LCD Monitor !!! I would be very curious as to how this interference is being generated.

Yukio YANO

Reply to
Yukio YANO

When I unplug modem from

Earth loop, get a cable TV isolating transformer and put it in the line.

Regards, Dan.

Reply to
Dan Mills

--
Why?

Notice that he says that when the coax cable is disconnected from
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Fields

transformer and put it in the line.

Hey thanks for your replay Dan.I will go to a local electronic store and try to by that TV isolating transformer.Maybe then it will stop to flicker

Reply to
blackonyx001

for the Cable Modem !!!

No the monitor is LCD, and when i had CRT it was not flickering at all.And i will try with some other cable maby with some that is magneticly shielded, if such exists.Thanks.

Reply to
blackonyx001

Thanks for your answer John.I will definitly do that if other things don't give any result.

Reply to
blackonyx001

long.So maby it realy collects some interferance along the way.Also when i set my monitor to 60 Hz refreash rate, the flickering is much worse than when it is set to 75Hz refreash rate.Also to mention that my old CRT was set to refreash rate of 100Hz.Maby i didn't notice the flickering because of that.Thank you all.I will do what you have told me.Bay.

Reply to
blackonyx001

Most likely there is a ground loop. Call the cable company to have this resolved.

--
JANA
_____
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
JANA

Check if all items involved are connected to the same phase of house power. I have seen problems occur when aone instrument is connected to one phase and another instrument is connected to another phase. Then a ground connection is established between the two using coaxial cable or some other connection. The problem would disappear when all the instruments were connected to the same phase.

Al

Reply to
Al