what does the LC series do?

If I have a cap source to discharge big current into 50 ohm using pulse mode, like using a relay or mosfet as load switch, pulse is very narrow like 100 usec, and the 10 mfd cap source is precharged to 200V. I got a big droop ~50V if I drive the 50 ohm directly.

but if I put a 22 mfd cap in series with the 50 ohm load the pulse shape is beautiful with much less droop ~5V.

What happened? impedance matching? resonance load? but I am confused that the cap is to store the energy. It helps to deliver more power into the 50 ohm during discharging.

How to calculate the max current from the 10 mfd? and how to calculate the cap? any other way to do it?

Reply to
John Lee

Show a schematic. I can't make heads or tails of what you're trying to say.

http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to
Tim Wescott

ttdesign.com

my circuits is much like FIG 2 this one but I have a capacitor charging flyback to replace the power amp and using the output cap of the flyback (4.7uf) as the capacitive source. The flyback is working in cw mode.

John Lee