What CODEC to use in rich-bandwidth environment?

Hi all:

What CODEC should be selected for VoIP in an environment where bandwidth and latency are not an issue at all? The environment is LAN, plus a good quality nationwide private network.

I have my own answer to the question, but would like to read other people's opinions.

TIA,

-Ramon

Reply to
Ramon F Herrera

[...]

G.722 is a good option.

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

This NG probably won't be able to help that much, try a networking or communications NewsGroup

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

The one I had in mind was G.726-40, simply for being bandwidth-hungry, but after your answer I did some reading and agree with you.

Thanks!

-Ramon

Reply to
Ramon F Herrera

To what degree is latency not an issue?

I guess one could collect the audio into a (big) file in a raw format and then e-mail it to the recipient.

--
Paul Hovnanian	paul@hovnanian.com
Procrastinators: The leaders for tomorrow.