What can i do with an old crt?

CRTs are very cool for building Vectrex clones:

But could be more difficult with one of these modern color CRTs :-)

--
Frank Buss, http://www.frank-buss.de
electronics and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/frankbuss

I've run into TVs used for target practice in the desert. There are a few decent gun owners, but the asshole factor runs rampant in gun nuts. These clowns leave broken leaded glass on the ground and toxic phosphor to be spread by the rain. Needless to say the casings are left on the ground.

Reply to
miso

It is far easier just to get an old neon tube supply to make a Jacob's ladder. Certainly safer.

Reply to
miso

DC supplies don't usually last very long as a jacob's ladder pump. The hard arcs will typically kill them fairly quickly, since nearly all have arc suppression built in, and that can degrade as arcs are quenched to the point where it becomes no effect and then the supply gets nailed. And most are not built for full loading "plasma arc" type use.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

My original laser disc player had a full HeNe laser in it. It also had two magneto-positioned mirrors in it.

I pumped one with a straight sine wave, and the other with music to put patterns on the ceiling. That was around '92.

I wish I had a couple of those old players to tear apart again. That one came out of a "Dragon's Lair" upright video game. Got it for free.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

Wrong. There is not 50 grams of lead in ANY liter of water on the entire planet.