What are the most vunerable parts of the motherboard relating to heat ?

I am starting to wonder:

  1. What are the most vunerable parts of the motherboard relating to heat ?

I see cpu chips survive 100 degrees celcius... I see gpu chips survive 90 degrees celcius.

However it seems the motherboard dies easily after 1 year of running at 55 degrees or so during summer time.

Why is it that the motherboard can't handle higher temperatures ?

Which components on the motherboard are most likely to fail first because of heat ?

  1. Would it be possible for motherboard manufacturer's to make more heat-reliable motherboards ?

Or is there some kind of problem ?

Maybe it's not the motherboard manufacturers problem ?

Maybe the people who make the little thingies have their heads in their butts and are making crappy shit.

Please make better shit :)

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

?
5

The CPU chip was running at 20+80=3D100C it is now running at

55+80=3D135C. This may be the failure.

of

Long term high temperature makes the Lithium go bad.

Yes but it costs either money or performance. High temperature components are usually more expensive.

You can cut the power in the CPU by dropping its clock rate in half.

You can use parts that are over rated for the application and add heat pipes etc.

Most PC mother boards are intended to be suspended in the air. If you instead made the PCB such that in mounted pressed down onto an aluminum heat sink and had fluorinert pumped over its top surface, you could greatly reduce the operating temperature rise.

Reply to
MooseFET
55 degrees was the temperature of the motherboard.. outside it was at most 25.5 degrees celcius or so.

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

That's running on the high side. Perhaps you need to ventillate your case better. I cut the fan grill out on the rear of the chassis which increases air flow dramatically. Those perforated grills are horrible.

Reply to
qrk