welcher Bus an VDO/Siemens Autoradio in Citroen C3

Ein Freund von mir möchte gerne seinen mp3 Player hier anschliessen. Adapter dafür sind allerdings sehr überteuert. Das Radio besitzt einen 6 poligen Anschlussstecker zum Anschluss eines CD-Wechslers und ist von Siemens/VDO (welche der vielen Nummern ist die Typenbezeichnung). Intensives Googlen hat nur ergeben, dass es sich wahrscheinlich um einen digitalen Bus handelt. Es gibt einen Adapter (250Euro) mit Typenbezeichnung AC 1108/00.

Vielleicht weiss jemand hier was VDO verwendet (SPDIF, CAN) oder gar wie das Protokoll aussieht?

Vielleicht ist der Preis eines solchen Adapters gar gerechtfertigt, wegen Hardware und Entwicklungsaufwand?

schöne Grüsse

Reply to
Jay Christnach

Babelfish.altavista macerated this into:

"A friend of me would like to attach gladly its mp3 Player here. Adapters for it are however very much too expensive. The radio possesses

6 poligen wall plugs for the connection of a CD change-over switch and is from Siemens/VDO (which of the many numbers is the type designation). Intensive Googlen only resulted in that it probably concerns a digital bus. There is an adapter (250Euro) with type designation AC 1108/00.

Perhaps white someone here which VDO uses (SPDIF, CAN) or like minutes looks?

Perhaps is the price of such an adapter justified, because of hardware and developping costs? kind regards"

This is an english-language newsgroup, primarily aimed at answering electronics design questions. I suspect that you aimed at a german-language group and missed. An audio group, or one dedicated to MP3 players, if there is such a thing, might be better.

Good luck finding your answer -- unfortunately I can't help you.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

Hello Jay,

Try this at de.sci.electronics which is in German. Anyway, from rather vague memory I believe that you can (or could?) obtain at least the connectors through Volkswagen.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Thanks for wanting to help. I had my newsreader still pointing to this group when I wrote the text. It was ment to be posted in de.sci.electronics.

The babelfish translation is a bit funny but nearly useful. It's about a car stereo in a Citroen (French brand) car. The radio unit already built in and nicely fitting with controls integrated in the console is from VDO-Siemens (in US this is VDO-Dayton). Question was which protocol and physical layer and pinout is being used on the connector for the cd changer. If by lucky chance somebody would know.

Best greetings

Reply to
Jay Christnach

Hello Jay,

In the US most radios are 'car branded', not like in Europe where you'd see a Becker radio in a Mercedes Benz. For example, I have a Misubishi radio and my wife a Toyota radio. When I rent a car I'd find a Ford or whatever radio. If you could figure out a couple cases where VDO-Dayton has been rebranded then some people from the US might be able to help. Although, many folks rip out their car brand radio and install a fancy after-market version where you can hear the bass sounds for at least two miles.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg