Wayyyyy OT: European measurements

Mmm. And i might love them, address of the shop? Do they ship?

And it does not help that both you and your spouse are co-conspirators.

Reply to
JosephKK

I have no idea as to address of the "local" shop. But, the *original* (that I grew up with) is at:

They *do* deliver (though you might find it more economical to have some prime cut *steaks* shipped to you! :> )

The large "biscuits" on the top tray (held by the man/woman in the photo) *furthest* from them are the items I seek. (assuming they still make them the same way)

Should you chose to order anything from them, I doubt you can go wrong with *anything* they make! (though I'd surely not ship canolli any distance -- for obvious reasons)

No, vastly different tastes. :>

(and, I am much more disciplined about these things ;-)

Reply to
D Yuniskis

Subtlety has is place, sometimes the challenge is balancing strong flavors uniquely. Maybe i could send you some of my chili-garlic sauce. Probably have to freeze it to ship it, then again it should take it reasonably well. It is pretty hot though. Say 20k to 50k Scoville.

Reply to
JosephKK

i?

I have some things i make that come out mighty well, perhaps some kind of swap?

Reply to
JosephKK

Yikes. Coast to coast shipping. May try it anyway.

co-conspirators.

I am not talking about you conspiring with each other but about you each conspiring with Murphy.

Reply to
JosephKK

Yikes! No, I don't do "hot". Never really seemed like a "flavor" ;-)

Reply to
D Yuniskis

Yeah, things get expensive, quick! I wonder how well things would hold up this time of year in transit. Between the heat and humidity... :<

Reply to
D Yuniskis

as i

sauce.

It is largely an acquired taste, especially in the stated heat range and above. Maybe some others here might like some if i get to meet them.

Reply to
JosephKK

Reply to
JosephKK

Yes :> My FinL liked heat. He'd eat BIG a bowl of fresh-picked Jalepeno (sp?) peppers sauteed in olive oil and garlic each night before bed. Several hours later, would stagger into the kitchen, lift the Pepto Bismo (sp?) bottle to his lips and take a couple of swallows.

"Stomach bothering you tonight, Benny?" "Yeah, Don. I get this problem when I lay down... (I don't know why)" "Um, could it be that bowl of peppers you had a few hours ago???"

(D'uh!)

Unfortunately, it seems like folks who really enjoy heat tend to lose the ability to distinguish very subtle flavorings/scents. E.g., some of the things I make you don't "taste" until after they are starting down your esophagus -- and, only then, do you get a waft of *scent* creeping into your nose FROM BEHIND (which is frustrating as the item in question is now "gone" so you are left with the *memory* instead of the sensation)

Reply to
D Yuniskis

I've shipped pizza's (Lou Malnati, Uno's) across country. They don't hold up too well, though (OTOH, usually they are better in that state than things that can be found "locally")

Yes, the grating cheese that I use (Siciliano Peppato) is hard to find (in good quality) in most places. Next day air it doesn't even need supplemental chilling.

The biscotti in question would probably freeze well (if made locally and *stored* -- frozen -- locally) with the caveat that you would have to eat them as soon as you thawed them. I can't think of an appropriate analog to describe their texture I.e., things like "classic biscotti" -- the twice baked "slices" that folks think of with their coffee -- won't freeze well as they lose their "crunch". The ones in question, OTOH, are naturally softer. E.g., they are almost 2" thick -- can you imagine something like that *hard* like the twice baked biscotti?? Broken *teeth*! :-/

Most of the cookies that I bake fare quite well in the freezer (owing to the high butter content, no doubt). Others have to rely on "quick shipping" or air-tight packing (e.g., I ship pizzelle in tins; twice baked biscotti wrapped in Saran Wrap and then in Al foil).

Some things just suffer "cosmetic" (literally) damage from freezing. And, since I'm not out to impress folks with how "pretty" they are, it's no big deal. :>

(Macaroons, today, for Father's Day... tired of these Hallmark Holidays!! :< )

Reply to
D Yuniskis