Waveform generator

Hi all, I need an integrated waveform generator such as MAX038 from Maxim, but with a wider band (almost two times, or more, wider). Does anyone know a chip that works like this? Thanks. Daniele.

Reply to
billyliar

Hi,

Do you specifically need sine waves - or will square waves do?

--
Luhan Monat (luhanis 'at' yahoo 'dot' com)
"The future is not what it used to be..."

Not a single chip solution, but you can do it with a software DDS running on a microcontroller, up to 200 kHz or so. I've got an example on my web site. With a 20 MHz ATtiny2313 it should go up to over 400 kHz.

Leon

--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

Hi, thanks for your reply. I need a sine wave up to 40 or 50 MHz. MAX038 maaximum frequency is 20 MHz.

Reply to
Marco

Look at the AD9850 etc. from Analog Devices.

Leon

--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller
Reply to
Leon Heller

I never used a DDS, I know that it's the best way, but I'm looking for something else. If you tell me that it's simple, then I'll try. Wher can I find a good tutorial for programming a DDS in order to obtain a sinewave in a large frequency bandwidth (e.g. 1-100 MHz)? And, above all, how much will I spend for a DDS?

Reply to
Marco