ft/s/s),

chance?

(UK)

roadworthy.

capability?

means

tire

the

Actually friction is primarily dependant on the Normal force and the friction coefficient. Contact area is usually a minor influence. Tire width is really a minor concern.

it

speed

the

just

The biggest issue with a Model "T" is that it does not do 70 mph well (if at all).

the

capability

Not exactly.

just

stop

These standards do not really exist as far as in know. If you can find them let me know.

worse

don't

I do not think that is an appropriate limitation of the area of consideration. .

Reply to
JosephKK

Good advice. When dealing with corrupt local officials sometimes the only way to impact them is with a Federal lawsuit. In which case you need serious track record of being ignored. .

Reply to
JosephKK

the

the=20

Good. Time/date stamped video is even better. The timing is variable (programatically within the traffic signal controller) and may be controlled from a central office in real time. .

Reply to
JosephKK

without

within

bit

which

you

needs

legal

passenger

of

fast.

fast.

trying to

the

one

of

than a

I see your point but i do not agree.

just

meet

stop

that

good

vehicles

speed

You could be amazed at what they can do. Especially if they have datalinks to a big central office computing system (a couple of PCs) .

Reply to
JosephKK

I know what they *can* do, but mostly they leave timings alone unless traffic is particularly sparse (or there's a major emergency and they're willing to gridlock half a city for the sake of a few specific routes).

They have learned from experience that, if there's a significant amount of traffic on the road, changing the timings can have knock-on effects which are very hard to predict. Even observing the effects can be difficult, in the sense of being able to correlate a change in traffic patterns to a particular timing change.

The usual way that timings are changed is to collect city-wide traffic data for a week, analyse it, change the timings, collect traffic data for another week, analyse it, then decide whether to keep or revert the changes.

Reply to
Nobody

Careful, Jim. It's possibly a Sherrif Joe scheme to get more customers for his jails and profitable work program. Don't offend your hero. Taxes could go up.

But, I doubt Joe would even give a damn about a harsh opinion from the mighty Jim Thompson. It would so cool to see them meet on a warden/inmate basis.

But it _IS_ nice to know a whole city is flipping Jim off. More power to you Phoenix. Keep up the good work!

-- Too bad Jim has me kill-filed again -- Could somebody reply and tell me to ESAD so Jim can share? Terrell, maybe you? Huh huh huh, yep yep yep. Here boy. Here boy. Yeeesssssss. Nice Thompson's lap puppy, terrillier. Go tell Jim that Timmy fell into the well. Thata boy. Go.

Yellow lights? Yellow is the color of Hannity's soul. It should make you guys feel good to have such a minor yellow problem.

xray

of

which

in

for

Not all cities are that advanced and the ones that are, are often already doing something even more real time. =20

Reply to
JosephKK