War on Short yellow lights.

We have the same law here in Rhode Island yet most peole continue to blow through the yellow light.

Given that the road isn't even wide enough to have a center line or markings of any kind, I'm going to have to disagree with you on the feasability of that actually working. The road in question is in no way designed to be /safely/ travel at 50MPH even without people parking along it.

So now that the DHS is run by Democrats, it's suddenly a bad thing? Whatever floats your boat I suppose. I tend not to modify my belief system based upon who's currently in charge of the regime.

Hardly, but it's nice knowing that I can return the "property" to the rightful owner should I desire to do so. People who let their dogs shit on other's lawns without cleaning it up are thoughtless asses, it's really just that simple. :-) The same goes for people that think driving 50 on wet residential roads is prudent.

I knew the town wasn't cleaning them up that fast, so I had wondered where they went anyway. Now I know.

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

I'll say this much, I'm thru playing the violin for the deaf ears of the town. They seem to "hear me now".

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

Yep, even leftist weenies don't like *their* ox Gored. They sure don't mind Goreing others.

Reply to
krw

Yes, in New England you'd better blow through the yellow light because the person behind you certainly will, whether you do or not.

BTW, there is no law against blowing through a yellow. That's what it's there for.

Reply to
krw

Do you have statistics? The 85th percentile rule works amazingly well.

No, when the members of the opposition are targeted, instead of the ones who have declared war on us, it's a bad thing. Only a leftist weenie would confuse the two.

If course they're thoughtless asses. The question is what you're going to use the information for? If nothing, then the information has equal value. The neighbor has four constantly yapping ankle biters (who run loose and dig under our common fence). I don't need a stupid camera to know who owns them but the information doesn't do me any good.

We have a bunch of red tails around here too. They tend to stay away from the residential areas though. There were some black vultures along the road the other day. Impressive birds too.

Reply to
krw

I'd say that 85% of the traffic travels at least 35MPH though it's posted at

25MPH. Less than 5% of vehicles travel >45MPH. I can almost live with 35MPH, though when you do the math on the reaction and stopping distances it's a little unsettling.

Only a weenie would approve of suspending civil liberties (for any reason whatsoever) I'll tell you one thing about the "war on terra"(sic), I don't feel a bit safer (or even less safe for that matter), but I'm woefully depressed about the national debt.

That's an easy one to solve. It involves pulsing high voltages at low currents. It's how I'm tempted to solve the pissing problem on my front bed.

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

Taggers huh, hadn't heard them called that before. Here in neighboring houston they've done something about the grafiti problem, they hold the property owner responsible. :-(

Reply to
Anthony Fremont
[snip]
[snip]

I just love driving in Boston. They're such a blustery bully bunch, until I'm driving right at 'em at 100MPH... watch the chicken-shit bastards run ;-)

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

In Memoriam... Duane Lee Thompson October 31, 1972 - April 20,2006 4th Child, 2nd Son, of Jim & Naomi Thompson Victim of Colon Cancer

Then the road should be posted at 35mph. Don't like it? Then have the road changed.

Nonsense. The Constitution isn't a suicide pact.

I hope you consult the appropriate authorities and your insurance agent. I'm not so interested in fighting a murder rap or even a wrongful death suit.

Reply to
krw

I didn't say they were crazy, just nuts. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Except for the inconvenience, waiting for a replacement car, I've been tempted to take care of tail-gating Democrat-weenies, by taking my

4400 pound car down to zero instantly by testing my Brakes: (Front/Rear) vented disc/vented disc, with ABS, EBD, Brake Assist ;-)

...Jim Thompson

                          In Memoriam...
                       Duane Lee Thompson
                October 31, 1972 - April 20,2006
          4th Child, 2nd Son, of Jim & Naomi Thompson
                     Victim of Colon Cancer

Bolt an I-beam and/or a railroad tie to the rear bumper. Make it high enough that, when you stop (and they attempt to), it targets their soft (and expensive) crumple zone :)

Paul

Reply to
Paul E. Schoen

"Jon Danniken" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

But WHO gets to make that decision? "if you safely can do it" You or the cop who writes you a ticket? Once the cop writes the ticket,it's just about certain you will have a RLrunning charge on your license,costing you. Essentially,Oregon has declared a Yellow to be a Red. With a HUGE gray area,that only the cop onsite gets to determine.

Properly,a yellow is a -warning- the light is going to turn red,and as long as you are in the intersection before it turns red,you have not "ran a RL". If it's red before you cross the stop bar,you've run the RL.

I've seen yellows as short as 2 sec. I believe there's a standard for duration of the yellow.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Jim Thompson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Speed is not the cause of RL running;it's purely a decision on the driver's part TO NOT STOP FOR THE RED. A properly timed yellow gives plenty of time to decide to stop.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

True enough, no one tail-gates my pick-up... bumper height perfect for taking out radiators ;-)

In my really heavy-duty floor-tiling days, I'd borrow an employee's full-size '56 Chevy pick-up. It was so beat up and ugly, everyone gave me a wide berth all the way around.

...Jim Thompson

                          In Memoriam...
                       Duane Lee Thompson
                October 31, 1972 - April 20,2006
          4th Child, 2nd Son, of Jim & Naomi Thompson
                     Victim of Colon Cancer

krw wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

My main beef with RLCameras is that the driver does not usually get points on their license(IOW,revenue collection). With REAL tickets,a bad driver would accrue enough points and have their license suspended or revoked,as is proper.

Also that other people don't get to see a RL Runner get pulled over by a cop with flashing lights and written a REAL ticket. That does modify other drivers behavior.

Last problem is that the FIRST RLC ticket comes weeks AFTER the violation;no instant feedback of "run RL,cop pulls you over,get ticket". A person could run many RLs before the first one arrives in the mail.

(if the USPS doesn't lose it..anf you get your license suspended unknowingly.)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Jim, I responded to a facetious comment with another facetious comment. Guess ya had to be there!

*Anyway the money in your matress is safe. *Facitious comment Mike:-)
Reply to
amdx

alls,

"

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Mike

The first contract for red-light cameras in San Diego some years ago gave complete control of the signal light timing to the contracting companies. Eventually, a judge threw out ALL the tickets issued when it became apparent that the company was adjusting the yellow light timing for what appeared to be revenue-enhancing reasons.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Here in the US i have seen a yellow light of one second, maybe slightly less. Almost missed that flash.

Reply to
Robert Baer