Voltage regulator

I have designed the circuit of a voltage regulator. It is here:

I have omited an adjustment of output voltage. Both the ICs is the positive linear regulators. Could you please look on it and discover any mistakes? Please take into account my parameters: Vin=220v±10%, freq=50 Hz, Vout1=6.3 v,Vout2=-6.3 v,I(load)=5.5 A, stabilization factor>=150. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Vladimir

I persume that you know that there aer some limitations on the old

3-terminal IC voltage regulators. 1) Needs about 2V or so Vin-Vout to operate. 2) Your bottom regulator is seeing twice the input voltage compared to what the top one sees; make sure the worst case input voltage is no more than 35V (if i remember correctly). 3) Worst of all, none are speced to pass more than one amp. However that can be fixed via the use of a power pass transistor connected to the regulator. The method may be found in older data sheets; all of the really cool stuff seems to have been dropped form the data sheets over the years (since the 80's).
Reply to
Robert Baer

the

factor>=150.

This is a JOKE? Right?

The input is shorted!

Reply to
Clarence_A

I read in sci.electronics.design that Clarence_A wrote (in ) about 'Voltage regulator', on Sat, 26 Mar 2005:

A lot of people make that mistake. You CAN'T run two bridge rectifiers with opposite polarity outputs from one transformer secondary winding. It result in two parallel, back-to-back diodes directly across the winding, BANG!!!

If you have only one winding available, it's quite OK to use half-wave rectification, with doubled-value filter capacitors. There is no net DC in the winding.

'What is a Moebius strip?'
John Woodgate