Voltage Regulator Circuit Diagram Wanted!

I am currently doing a project on voltage control system. Could you send me a circuit diagram for an automatic voltage regulator that accepts input voltage of 100 - 260V AC at 50Hz and gives an output voltage of 220V AC at the same frequency.

Reply to
goldenarc

My mother-in -law is available. Now all you need to do is find a Variac and a voltmeter. But seriously folks; this sounds like a good application for a ferro-resonant type AC regulator. They are simple and reliable. Sola makes a line of these. You would have to use a 1:2 stepup transformer at the output of the regulator. I'm not sure that Sola makes a 50 Hz model. Search for "ferro-resonant regulator" if you want to design your own. Basically they are transormers with an auxilliary winding that resonates at the line frequency. The resonant winding causes the core to saturate, thus regulating the output. Commercial models have harmonic correction circuits to correct for the distortion produced by the core saturation. ~ One caveat: This type regulator is not very efficient. Regards, Jon

Reply to
Jon

No, sorry.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

"goldenarc"

** My diagram involves a Monkey, a Voltmeter and a Variac.

Is that OK ?

Reply to
Phil Allison

In article , Phil Allison wrote: [....]

In China they use an automated version of this idea a lot. Id doesn't involve an wiper contact. It is made more like a wound rotor induction motor. When the coils turn to align, the voltage is stepped up. When they turn to 90 degrees, it is 1:1.

You may be able to find a drawing for one with google.

BTW: it has to have a set of brakes (that work). Without them, when you switch off the power, the thing swings around to full boost. When the power returns, it takes a while to readjust and burns out the lights so you can't see the thing to fix it until the morning.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith