Visual SPICE 5 dies again

I noticed that my copy of version 5 of VisualSpice comes up in demo mode, again. It appears Island Logix encodes some sort of time bomb into their code as this is the third time this has happend with version

  1. I tried to remove the software end redo all of the steps from the last time this happened and it no longer works.

They do not state that they are renting the software for a year in their license. Looking at their website it appears that version 6 has the same sort of time bombs. I would not recommend paying anything for this software, unless you fully understand that it is a rental for a year or two at best and your willing to put up with the license issues that have plagued the software since TurboSpice.

Reply to
DBC

So why aren't you just using SwitcherCad?

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

This was a simple tool I had bought for home use that supports mixed mode. Not something I have ever used for work, but it was a fair tool all-in-all, when the license did not hang you out to dry. I would stay clear of it even for home use now. Even if they come up with yet another fix, you know damm well it will have another time bomb in it. It makes no sense to pay for software that works like this.

Reply to
DBC