Video, hack a TV smartcard the high tech way

Video, hack a TV smartcard the high tech way:

Jan Panteltje

That motorized microscope looks awfully expensive. I think you have something else to build, once you "Beat The Mantis".

I mean, first you've gone after Larkin... Thompson obviously deserves the next blow >:D

Tim

Reply to
Tim Williams

Shows the fees some of these pro hackers got paid.

Mind you, those chemical solvents and acids are pretty nasty to handle.

"Been there, done that(*), there's a hole in my tee shirt."

  • Fuming Nitric
--
Adrian C
Reply to

I have holes in pants and shirts from sulfuric acid, but it works a lot slower than nitric (you don't notice the holes until the shirt's been through the wash). Nasty stuff, it is...

As far as I know, hydrofluoric is a puppydog in comparison, with the noticable exception that it eats your bones from the inside, before crashing your kidneys from the waste, if you get but a drop on your skin.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Williams

HF is scary, one thing is stuff that etch, HF is also toxic it will eat the calcium in your blood, get it on something like 25 square inch of skin and it will stop the heart and kill you.

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

Common practice in a clean room where I worked was to issue all HF users with a tube of calcium cream, with the instructions to run in immediately if such an issue occured. My boss had the misfortune of splashing himself with it - said it was bloody painful. But he lived.

--
Adrian C
Reply to