VHF Remote Radio Questions

Howdy all,

I want to move a base station of a mobile radio system to a remote location where I hope to get better coverage, but I want to keep the mic and channel control in the present location. I have access to either an RS-232 or a DS0 line, whichever I wish to use, and the line length is less than 10 miles. The frequencies are currently allocated and on the air, so there are no problems with the bureaucracy. I have been researching VHF modems, but am unclear about design applications. Our present transmitter is operating at 50W. I was hoping for a little insight about how to go about setting up this system, and possibly some recommendations about what equipment offers the best option for implementing this type of a setup. I need to implement a selectable two-channel system. Thanks for your time and suggestions.

Reply to
Kitchen Man

Andy suggests:

If you post your question to one of the ham radio newsgroups, you should get some good ideas. Ham repeaters work on that principle (if I understand your requirements), and have thousands of stations in operation doing everything from voice to data to experimental...... I am sure someone there can give you a lot of ideas based on first-hand experience...

Andy w4oah

Reply to
Andy

I've done just that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Reply to
Kitchen Man