Camcorder manufacturers offer 60x to 70x zoom capabilities.

Hello,

Today I visited a BCC store and something catched my eye... some very fancy new camcorders, compact, tiny, nice looking and they have 60x zoom.

Could be a real nice deal for those folks out there wanting to capture UFO material !

I tried it out in the store... when it zooms in... first it blurs a bit... but then the auto focus clearifies it when holding still...

I am not sure if this is capable of capturing/focusing on a light in the sky at night... ofcourse I couldn't try it out at night.

From what I saw the zoom was pretty powerfull.. but I couldn't really test it properly because of anti-theft systems in place but ok ;)

Try googling for sony camcorder 60x optical zoom... or go visit the BCC shops...

Pretty sweet stuff ! ;)

They were also selling hd camcorders looking the same but more clear video... but those are twice as pricey and have only 10x zoom...

But maybe the clear resolution makes up for it a bit... I think those were mpeg4 (also called hdvcd ahvcd or something like that) resolutions of up to

1920x1080.

Prices were something like: 200 euro for a sony camcorder with 60x zoom. 500 euro for hd camcorder... something like that.

200 bucks seems like a real bargain to me... I payed 200 bucks for my digital photo camera... and it had crappy video and no sound... the sony camcorders do have sound too... though maybe the video quality is a bit poor still.... and ofcourse they can't make pictures ? I am not sure though...

At least my digital photo camera can make crystal clear pictures... but that's no good for ufo capturing... it just doesn't capture.

Video/camcorders would be much better at capturing ufo's I am sure ! ;)

Though low resolution scares me off a bit...

Maybe we should all wait a litttttle bit longer... until the hd camera's become more affordable and have even stronger zoom ;) :)

And then I think everybody should have one... for that once in a lifetime experience with a UFO ! =D

You gotta capture it man ! LOL.

Bye, Skybuck =D

Reply to
Skybuck Flying