Vendor (china) recommendations (pro/con)

Any comments (ideally, first-hand experiences) regarding
individual vendors for tablets/phones/etc.?  In particular,
any to avoid or pursue?

I'm looking for someone who can address onesy-twosy evaluation
needs (without having to get into lengthy discussions... "just
sell me *one* of these, please") and volume (10K/annum) sales.

Please keep in mind your local laws re: libel in your comments...

Thx,
--don

Re: Vendor (china) recommendations (pro/con)

You mean like www.dealextreme.com ?

or

http://www.portwell.com.tw/products/Panel-PC-Features.php

Re: Vendor (china) recommendations (pro/con)

AFAICT, DX is a "middleman".  I want to know who to go to "upstream"
of them (even if I initially go *through* someone like DX -- e.g.,
for small quantity evaluation units)

Since none of the manufacturers' names "ring a bell", you have to
wonder which are "quality" vendors, which push out "cheap junque",
which are operating out of a garage, etc.

No, this is too "industrial" (and non-portable).

Re: Vendor (china) recommendations (pro/con)
Hi Luis, (?)

I don't *want* to talk to a person.  I want to know who the reputable
vendors are.  <somebody>@gmail.com hardly strikes me as reputable when
their company doesn't even have its own (mail) domain name!

There are just too many knock-off shops out there and I don't want
to invest a bucket of cash in product from one -- only to discover
they're just a bottom-feeder that is just as likely to be "here today,
gone tomorrow"!

Re: Vendor (china) recommendations (pro/con)

For the amount of cash you are talking about, we usually just go there
to setup productions.  You can't tell who is handling the productions
even with big companies like Foxconn or Flextronics.  There are tons
of contracters working for/on behalf of them.  On the other hand, it's
hard to tell if a buyer is really committed to spend boat-load of cash
either.

For serious buyers, we invite them to the factories directly.

Re: Vendor (china) recommendations (pro/con)
AT
quality
for

Hahaha, i understand your point, well they got a e-bay store
(http://myworld.ebay.com/electronics_lee /) but is more related to dev kits.
Anyway as she explained me they got a real electronic store at China. Most
of the items i quoted with them incluiding FPGAs, they could send me right
away. It is just an idea. Tell us if you find any better one.

Cya

---------------------------------------

Re: Vendor (china) recommendations (pro/con)

There are probably a few hundred million stores in China.  Even with a
big company, all it take is one employee setting up his own bank
account taking your money.  The company will usually say that they are
not liable for former employee's action, even if he/she was formally
employed at the time.

Re: Vendor (china) recommendations (pro/con)

I've been sorely tempted to order a few eval units
from this company:

http://www.dhgate.com /

No personal experience.  Let us know if you try.

Site Timeline