USB Host & PDA

Hi all,

I have a PDA Ipaq 4150 and I want to connect to an external homemade device which has USB interface. It seems that my PDA does not support USB host. Is there any trick to work around this problem ? I need to write an application for pocket pc 2003 that control my device by sending/receiving some bytes.

Thank you.

Juky

Reply to
juky

The USB interface on a Pocket PC is not capable of acting as a host. Why don't you just use the RS-232 port that is also available on most Pocket PCs?

-Robert Scott Ypsilanti, Michigan

Reply to
Robert Scott

Well, you had better thought of that *before* deciding on USB, of all things, as the protocol for that communication, hadn't you?

"Trick"? No. USB is either there, or it's not. You may manage to find a USB bus controller with an interface your PDA does support, but that's not a trick --- that's avoiding the problem.

Need? Why?

Hans-Bernhard Broeker

The "simple" solution of course is to turn things around. Put the host in your device, and treat the PDA as a slave. Using some other comms channel probably would be easier.

Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

I have seen gadgets that claim to do device to device copy. I have not tried them myselve, but they are not expensive.

Wim

Reply to
Wim Ton

Those gadgets would be completely useless for the OP. They work on mass storage devices only, and the OP's device quite clearly isn't in that category.

Hans-Bernhard Broeker