Unbirthday

Observed my 78th UN-birthday today (there's not another Feb 29 until

2020, when I be "20" ;-)

Six months ago I opined that I doubted that I'd make it... not sure if I'm better off or not =-O ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | "Those [of us] who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night" -Edgar Allan Poe

Congratulations. I have had too many friends die. Some quite a bit younger than you.

Hang in there. Getting old is not for sissys.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

There is a memorium page for my high school. It has a lot more traffic than I'd expect, I'm only 62, just a kid..... Right? Happy birthday, have some wine, drink like your 19!

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Thanks!

That's for sure! Stunning how, in less than a year's time, the body can crumble... but my mind was functioning just fine... I knew the answers the ER people needed, but couldn't vocalize or even sign my name... just make vertical motions on the paper :-(

Fortunately I'm now OK (except I am still under treatment for pancreatic cancer)... but chip design skill is functioning just fine ;-) ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Thanks! I would "drink like your 19" except that it now irritates my stomach something fierce. ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Hmm. Many happy unreturns? Something like that.

"These are deep waters, Jeeves." "Most assuredly, sir." ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

6 of my 8 grandkids have had more birth_days_ than I ;-) ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Absolutely.

That's what a friend keeps telling me.

Reply to
krw

Well, alcohol consumption is illegal for 19YOs anyway. ;-)

Reply to
krw

You wife wasn't there to take over? OTOH, they yelled at mine, last week, for not bringing the PoA. It wasn't exactly the first think on our minds.

Are you doing better. You haven't mentioned how you were doing for a while. Hang in there! ...and Happy Birthday (731 days early).

Reply to
krw

I remembered your quarter birthday (as I did last year) and meant to wish you a happy one. But I had to attend a wedding and later got immersed in some urgent work. I forgot all about it. Sorry.

Anyway, remember what I said some time ago about throwing a wingding in 2020.

Reply to
Pimpom

Aging is not a linear process:(

--
Boris
Reply to

If you feel like 19, go find a hot sheila ...

--

-TV
Reply to

Scheduled ;-) ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Hey, Happy unbirthday!

Martin Riddle

Though I'm within spitting distance of Banner Ironwood Hospital the EMT recognized that I was in septic shock and asked me, and I OK'd, going to Mountain Vista Hospital, 18.5 miles north... he said they were better equipped for such situations. (Great hospital, BTW, probably the best treatment I've ever experienced.)

So off we went, lights and siren, arrived ~15 minutes before wife and son caught up.

I could manage some yes and no's, but my hand couldn't manage a signature or initial... scared the hell out of me... it was like looking out at the world thru a window watching myself flounder... I thought I'd had a stroke :-(

Seems to be holding tumor size from increasing... but they say (subject to an EUS, with "needle" biopsy, the next few weeks) it's "definitely" cancer.

Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Same here. I go to Emory Hospital, 35mi away and in the center of the city, rather than one of the locals. We passed at least three hospitals on the way to the ER a couple of weeks back. I don't deal with the local yokels. I want someone who knows what they're doing.

My wife drove me. Maybe I could have avoided six hours sitting next to sickos coughing all over me if I'd taken a ride but I thought they'd take me to one of the local meat markets.

Yikes. That is scary. I just about passed out while were Skypeing with the kids but was fine after a few minutes, though a bit shaken. It was a good warning shot but it took a week to figure out where it was coming from.

Well, a stalemate isn't the worst outcome.

Reply to
krw