Ultiboard 5.62 with Win XP SP2

Hi,

I'm using version 5.62 of Ultiboard which was working just fine with win98se.

I've upgraded to XP with sp2 on it. Ive installed the new HASP driver (version 4.96) which is apparently for XP SP2. The Dongle is now being found and recognized - so i presume this driver to be working ok. UltiCAP is also working fine and recognizes the dongle.

What isn't working is Ultiboard.

After ultiboard asks what production class i wish to use, I get the following error message:

ULTIboard message >An Error Occured! >Exception nr:0xC0000005, STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION >Address: 0x442B95

Clicking OK to this shuts the program down.

If anyone has come accross this problem or has any insight to this - it would be greatly appreciated.

Tim.

Reply to
Timsh

Did you try reinstalling the program?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Yeah... more times than i care to remember.

--TiM--

Reply to
Timsh

Did you remove the program first?

If so, it's time for a tech support call!

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

I figured there must be a place where there is specific expertise:

Think I was specific enough with my request?

Dontcha love Google's new fuzzy algorithm? http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:DjlawR0fLlUJ:

These terms only appear in links pointing to this page: forum forum forum forum (Translation: We know what you want, but we're going to ignore that.)

Google really needs to tie the Search button to the old algorithm and add an I Know Exactly What I Want, but Give Me What You Think I Might Want button.

Reply to
JeffM

May I ask you what is the web link for the drivers you used ? I tried to reinstall my Ultoboard/cap V5.70 on XP SP2 several times and was not able to install the HASP driver package at all (Error is "Failed to install the Virtual Device Driver - Cannot create file".). Any idea ?

Cheers, Robert

"Timsh" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Robert Lacoste

I hesitate to suggest something so simple but are you doing this from a limited privilege account?

Robert

Reply to
Robert

What's the factory say about it?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

"Robert" a écrit dans le message de news: Gwlpe.584$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...

Don't hesitate, it was a good try, but yes, I am administrator... Any other idea ?

Reply to
Robert Lacoste

Did you uninstall the old driver before reinstalling?

From microcap's site there are directions for uninstalling the old driver.

*************** HINSTALL -i This installs the latest security key driver which must be present to run the update. Reboot your system before loading Micro-Cap. If this does not work, remove the old driver and then reinstall the new one as follows:

HINSTALL -r This removes the old driver. Then to install the new driver, type:

HINSTALL -i A message should appear that states the driver has been successfully installed.

The HASP driver itself is from Aladdin Knowledge Systems whose site might have some help.

And then with Ultiboard up to ver 7.0 (with 3 patches) that old a version might not work with XP's later Service Packs.

Robert

Reply to
Robert