ugly cars

It isn't one of those old Gnome engines that lets off Castor oil all the time. I guess with those planes you had to land every couple of hours, else there could be a wee problem.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

of

this:

Needs a carefully chosen shear key, but I don't think you *could* jam that. Sounds like a Cummins at idle... they stop when they run out of fuel, not before.

Yeah, that looks like a widow maker.

--
Les Cargill
Reply to

That "uncar" is real crap..

Reply to
Robert Baer

Gee..i thought the Studebaker was supposed to take the medal for going VS coming, but that THING beats it all to hell. About as ugly as that "uncar".

Reply to
Robert Baer

For me, it depends on the interior, 'cos that's the bit that I have to look at. What it looks like on the outside doesn't matter. I don't care what other people have to put up with ;-)

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

As a physicist, you'll appreciate the disadvantages of having a large diameter, rotating, lump of iron, on the front of an aircraft, when trying to do turns.

I believe that the rotary engine was a French invention, (Gnome, LeRhone, Clerget, etc.).

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

That's the way I feel about washing cars. I clean the windows, because I have to see through them.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

The lamps, too, I hope ;-)

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

It does noticably affect the way other drivers behave. A crappy old car with a bang or two, and some will give you particularly wide berth. A sporty 2-seater and it seems to drive certain truck owners mad and they start driving aggressively and menacing you.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

For some odd reason, when I tailgate people on I80 in my flaming red A3, they seem to think that I want to go fast, and they pull over.

My rust-colored Ford Fiesta didn't seem to do that.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

radial.

trying

Thank you for the excessive compliment, but i am merely an EE. But once the engine in operation is seen the problems are quite obvious.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk