trying to find the perfect dc dc voltage current regulator

oved onto a new boat. I have incandecent light and would like to modify to LED. Havent been on the web in years and still having a difficult time with searches. I came across the LT1618. Seemed good both current and voltage regulation. Looked up individual white light LEDs 3 watt and 5 watt. 5 watt LEDs voltage 3.8 volt. Two in series will drop 7.6 volt. 800mA each =

1600mA. Another set of LEDs put together in parallel. Add in the pwm ability and the perfect boat lights. and to try to make each light for under $15 is this possible? Thank you Wiley
Reply to
findthewind

LED. Havent been on the web in years and still having a difficult time with searches.

Looked up individual white light LEDs 3 watt and 5 watt.

1600mA.
--
Two 3.8V LED lamps rated at 800 mA will, in series, drop 7.6 volts
with a total current of 800 mA from the source.

Two 3.8V LED lamps rated at 800 mA will, in parallel, drop 3.8 volts
and draw 1600mA from the source.
Reply to
John Fields

LED. Havent been on the web in years and still having a difficult time with searches.

Looked up individual white light LEDs 3 watt and 5 watt.

1600mA. Another set of LEDs put together in parallel.

Thanks for the correction. last time I used maxim ics and only 20 mA LEDs about 5 years ago. Forced retirement tumor on my spine. Now I have time play just not as much money to play with. Thank you Wiley

Reply to
findthewind

David Eather

LED. Havent been on the web in years and still having a difficult time with searches.

Looked up individual white light LEDs 3 watt and 5 watt.

1600mA. Another set of LEDs put together in parallel.

Thank you David. The already assembled package will be far easyer than the discrete IC + parts + board. Wiley

Reply to
findthewind