Turn your Rigol DS1052E Oscilloscope into a 100MHz DS1102E

Calling me ignorant and stupid does not enhance your argument.

If you have thought about this for many years and come to the conclusion that you are totally opposed [to all government] censorship then you are not very bright.

That is so silly as to be laughable. Access to information is controlled all the time. For instance, I am not going to have access to nuclear launch codes. If I have a Top Secret Security Clearance I am automatically going along with the concept of government censorship and not pass along government information to others.

When a person enters an airport they are immediately in a censored state. Perhaps you think that every single person SHOULD be allowed to go into an airplane and start saying whatever they want like "I have a bomb", but that will pretty much get you tossed in prison without very many people (except perhaps you) wringing their hands about excessive government censorship.

And to think you have spent countless years thinking about this stuff and none of these simple ideas ever crossed your mind???? I have only been thinking about this for a few hours and already I can realize that no government censorship at all is a really really simple minded idea.

Reply to
brent

You are both ignorant AND stupid. Probably a stupid Xtian to boot!!

Read it AGAIN and weep, YOU ARE THE ignorant fool.

I thought you were just stupid, now I AM SURE YOU ARE AN IDIOT: read AGAIN WHAT I HAVE POSTED AND YOUR STUPID RESPONSE:

Reply to
fritz

e:

.

I do not know what a Xtian is. So I cannot say. But your strategy for argument seems to be to take an extreme position and then call anyone who tries to point out the inconsistencies you extreme position silly names.

Name calling. In capital letters to boot!

I see your argument style.

Step one: call person fool in mostly lower case letters Step 2. Call them fool in a fair amount of upper case letters Step 3. Call them idiot in all upper case letters

Can't say its an original argument style. But it is pretty unique on this board.

Reply to
brent

I have already got into troubles because of this effect, since then I only trust my old analog Tek.

yg

--
http://ygdes.com / http://yasep.org
Reply to

Ah, isn't the stupid little bigot cute.

DimBulb, that you?

You said that all information should be freely available. Now you accuse me of being stupid because I pointed out *one* of thousands of reasons this is a

*STUPID* idea. That's rich!
Reply to
krw

Step 4. Swearing in upper case?

Surely you're forgetting AlwaysWrong.

Reply to
krw

te:

..

me

se me

is a

I am sorry to spoil your night, but those insults were directed towards me, not you.

Reply to
brent

Perhaps he doesn't know how to read either (there's a lot of that going around with the atheistic bigots lately), but he's answering my post (with my words "answered"). You're welcome to the stupid bigot if it makes you feel better though. ;-)

Reply to
krw

te:

om...

ly

ght

n.

same

ly

ccuse me

is is a

round

rds

etter

the Bible proves itself to be truer to me every day. I never fully appreciated this bible verse until recently:

"The fool has said in his heart there is no god"

I have never seen so many intellectually dishonest people that cannot carry on a two sided conversation in my whole life.

Reply to
brent

As the inventor of AlwaysWrong (a lineal descendent of the equally hilarious Massive Prong) I took care to mix cases in an artistic manner.

John

me

is a

I'm happy for you.

The bigger fool tries to take away another's god because he has none for himself.

One needs to be able to listen (read) to carry on a two-way conversation. Clearly that's not the case with "fritz" and ditz (from BC).

Reply to
krw

s.com...

and

etely

hought

ny

no

tion.

the same

reely

u accuse me

this is a

g around

words

l better

I still cannot figure out if DC is that dense or if he is just really into trolling.

Reply to
brent

Did you patent AlwaysWrong? You should have kept him a trade secret!

BTW, I named the doof "DimBulb" years before AlwaysWrong, though I have to admit I've used the latter more frequently since.

Reply to
krw

I'm a student, and we don't use analogue scopes at Uni, so I don't know much about them.

Most comparison websites do not list actual examples of when an analogue scope is better and suggest that digital scopes are a replacement for practically all applications.

Ross..

Reply to
Ross Vumbaca

Each of his silly nyms deserves a suitable interpretation. I also invented "Archimedes' Boy-Toy" and "MiniThong" and one of my faves, "Damp Matter."

I wonder why he's too chicken to have a real name.

John

brent

sloppy

the

analog

BEFORE the

do that?

were

applications

You are right. I have done things (been able to see things) with delayed= sweep=20 that i still cannot duplicate with a digital scope. And that is with a = mere 100=20 MHz bandwidth.

Digital scope manufacturers, you now have a well defined target to = accomplish.

sequences,

show with

advantage

Reply to
JosephKK

for=3D20

544A=3D20

The Tek 2465 has not been made for many years, the only ones available=20 are used. And guess what, they are a damn sight less than $12000. My=20 current use is more like (kind of well off) expert hobbyist. Guess=20 which one fits my needs best.

Reply to
JosephKK

that?

Delay lines can't store milliseconds of pre-trigger data. The best they do is let you see a few ns of pre-trigger waveform.

John

the

that?

Enough to see what caused the trigger (and more than a few nS in some cases). Yes, DSOs are useful tools. I don't think anyone has said otherwise. The question was more about the utility of analog scopes, given that cheap DSOs are available.

Reply to
krw

think

pretty

downloadable

one

You sound as if this some kind of news. Having grown up with analog = scopes,=20 pretrigger recording is just not that big a thing for me.

Reply to
JosephKK