Trouble with my Toshiba Thrive.

I use a Tablet to carry lots of PDF files around, I find it quicker than booting up a laptop..

This morning I got into the car and I had left the unit powered on from yesterday, screen pops on reporting a low batter, I think below

20% or something.

Any how, it must of messed up something because when I got to work this morning, I decided to fully power it down and bring it in with me for a full charge. When I looked at it, the screen was no longer on, the active light was not on however, the low batter light (orange) was on. and this is with no AC power to it and I had no control over it at all. in other words, the unit is sitting there dead with the low battery light stuck on with nothing in the remote power jack.. how quaint! :)

After a couple hours of charging attempts today, it didn't seem like nothing was happening. So I left it unplugged. Tonight, when I come home, the damn orange light is still on but no control over it.

I just love how these chinese engineers design power management. It appears something has locked up in the power monitoring part of this unit or, it is forcing me to perform a trickle charge.. I may need to pull the batteries and reset it. which by the way, I learned tonight what that lock button is now for on the upper left corner, to remove the back cover :)

It's simple, you don't read the manual until you run into problems!

Any one ever see their tablet lock the low battery light on with no control ? I am thinking that maybe a stand alone uC system that my need rebooting..

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

You probably need to attach a charger directly to the "battery" (it's probably a single cell not a battery)

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

On a sunny day (Mon, 24 Sep 2012 20:58:02 -0400) it happened Jamie wrote in :

Hidden "reset' button, or open it up and disconenct battery for reset?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

That was going to be my next move however, I let it sit over night and the battery finally ran down low enough to turn off the battery low LED. Today when I got home from work, I looked at it and it was completely off this time, I plugged in the charger and I got a momentary power on light and then the low Battery LED popped on, so I assume things have reset themselves and the unit should be charging now.

This all happened when the unit was left on and when I got into the car the vibration sensor triggered the screen. But it was in a dim light mode but I saw the battery report was very low. I think the unit didn't have enough power left in it before I was able to properly shut it down and it went into a lock up..

Removing the battery most likely would of fixed it. Well see if it still lives when it's on the charger for a while.

I think now is the time to make a copy of my PDF and image files I have accumulated on it. Jamie

Reply to
Jamie