problem with my HP4195 Spectrum network analyzer

Hi,

I have a problem with my HP4195 Spectrum network analyzer.

I did not use it for a while and now when I power up I can hear a beep, see some of the leds burning and hear the Fans making the normal noise. However the screen remains black.

When i power off I see a bright flash on the screen.

When I briefly power of and power on again , I can see something on the screen but it looks out of sync. (all horizontal stripes)

and I can recognize sometimes something that could well be a blinking cursor.

I is too bad I have no documentation of the device:-S and i have no clue where to start to get it running again:(

can anyone provide me with some help in this problem?? tnx in advance.

Greets Bert

Reply to
Bert

Hi

The same thing has recently just happened to me - did you manage to fix it ?

Rich

Reply to
Rich

I heard of this being ROM Failure. If you can get a ROM for it, it maybe the problem. You can also borrow someones good rom and use an EEPROM writer to read the good ROM and make an EEPROM of it. I've seen reports of success with Copied ROMs.

Reply to
nvic