Tried doing a Google search today?

What's going on? I'm getting a "This site may harm your computer" message on almost every hit.

-- Joe

Reply to
J.A. Legris

Never mind.

Rebooted, messages gone.

Now I'm really worried.

-- Joe

Reply to
J.A. Legris

It wasn't the reboot - I just got the same thing 15 minutes ago (I was searching for something which brought upo a lot of government sites). Just gone back and refreshed the page and all the warnings have gone.

--
Geo
Reply to

I was getting the same but it seems ok now. I didn't reboot but I did restart my browser.

I'm slightly less worried now that I've seen your post.

To reply to me directly:

Replace privacy.net with: totalise DOT co DOT uk and replace me with
gareth.harris
Reply to
Gareth

It isn't just you:

To reply to me directly:

Replace privacy.net with: totalise DOT co DOT uk and replace me with
gareth.harris
Reply to
Gareth

Same here. Google was telling me that every page would harm my computer. It didn't last for very long, I guess someone noticed it quickly. ;-)

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

I think google was trying out a new version of the "bad web site" identifier code. They have had this message and some code that drove it for a while. I suspect that they were trying to roll out a new version that checked the type of OS you were running against the threat to give more accurate results. Unfortunately, it seemed to always think you were running Vista.

Reply to
MooseFET

Google's warning should have read, "The sight of this may harm your composure".

-- Joe

Reply to
J.A. Legris

I was using OS X. Is nothing sacred anymore?

-- Joe

Reply to
J.A. Legris

I think google was trying out a new version of the "bad web site" identifier code. They have had this message and some code that drove it for a while. I suspect that they were trying to roll out a new version that checked the type of OS you were running against the threat to give more accurate results. Unfortunately, it seemed to always think you were running Vista.

Either that or google got hit :)

Reply to
TTman

Google's coders are becoming increasingly sloppy. It appears Google has no Quality Control mechanism: Once something is coded, it is deployed; they obviously have no checklist of previous problems against which they run new code.

Reply to
JeffM

I guess I fixed it for everybody. I ran spybot search and destroy, and the problem was gone! Mike :-)

Reply to
amdx

"J.A. Legris"

** It made the The NY Times

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

What would you say if the message was "Your computer may harm this site"?

Reply to
Robert Baer

Must of made it to AP because I seen it on Foxnews.

Martin Riddle