Took Three daughters to the shooting range - CCW question

From two paces anyone with a knife in their hand and the determination to use it will generally manage to stab anyone with a handgun unless you hit them with a headshot or sever the spine. In a confined space there's not much difference in effectiveness.

Most decent knives will also go through kevlar body armor.

That tends to be the case in the UK

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

news: snipped-for-privacy@z41g2000yqz.googlegroups.com...

Smith

buy.

=20

I have fired a few handguns and rifles. US Military .45 ACP ain't so = bad. Some of the magnum revolvers will break your hand/wrist if you do not = respect=20 them. Automatics have a little less recoil usually. The first time i = erred=20 about recoil with a pistol i nearly smacked myself in the forehead. It = was=20 the last time as well.

Reply to
JosephKK

=20

a=20

knives. It=20

Close, but no cigar. They carry because you do not make the schools = safe.

Reply to
JosephKK

armed=20

a=20

And worst of all far too many of them vote.

Reply to
JosephKK

I used to work with a fella that had a Ruger 44 Magnum. He said it cost less to shoot than any of his other guns. 6 rounds and he was done with it for another year!

John Ferrell W8CCW

Reply to
John Ferrell

Give a beginner one of those and it will teach them all the features of being totally gunshy.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

I suppose he never amortized the total cost of ownership over the number of rounds fired. ;-)

Reply to
krw

AIUI, since mandatory immobilizers in cars in the UK, there has been an upsurge in home invasions demanding car keys with threat of (or actual) violence.

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse