Time track with Rigol DSO

Yes, we discuss this in AoE3, and have metastability scope measurements on pages 432 to 734.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Some parts increase their apparent prop delay when they go metastable. Some oscillate for a while. LS logic was famous for oscillating for microseconds if teased just right. Some boards would make an occasional click on a nearby FM radio every time an LS flop went metastable.

There is a diabolical feedback circuit, in some app note, that forces a flop into its metastable zone.

This is a GigaComm NB7V52 cml flop, with CLK:D sweeping across the critical setup zone with femtosecond resolution.

Equivalent aperture jitter is around 50 fs RMS. The test setup into the flop could well be dominating that data.

Agent spell check thinks femtosecond should be demitasse. A very small amount of time, I guess.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

------------------

** You have a world patent on being obnoxious - s*****ad.

FYI to all,

JL posts many dumb mistakes, sometimes over and over even after being corrected.

However, he plus the other Stooges try to correct ME for posting simple facts.

Big shame they all suck at simple audio circuit analysis problems.

So much so they did not even TRY for fear of failure.

Dimitrij and Bill both got close or in one case spot on.

** Of course you did.

And there is nothing wrong with mS for milliseconds.

Fuck Win, the disingenuous pedant.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Prune it is.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

NIST Reference on Units, International System of Units (SI)

time second s electric conductance siemens S

"The 14th General Conference on Weights and Measures approved the addition of the siemens as a derived unit in 1971."

That was 48 years ago, 1.5E9 seconds ago. I'm sorry, Phil, but it's really far past time for you to make the change.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Phil, do you use cycles per second, or Hertz?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win