TI new products

Until your social credit score gets too low and they punt you from everything at once.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

But they can't punt everyone. In the USA at least, people would still pay someone for the service and for bandwidth (I guess) so nobody would be in charge and someone loses revenue if they lose a customer.

Capitalism will find a way.

I'm killing time until a design review, which should be fun. It's a Z-series test board with all sorts of mixed experiments for various people. New Trion FPGA, my dummy load with the CPU cooler, various switching supplies, power resistors and inductors to test in our air stream, new tricolor LED, all kinds of stuff.

I want to test the Trion for pin-pin delays, LVDS electrical details, delay-vs-temp and delay-vs-Ccc_core, jitter, power consumption, things like that.

one of the PD clusters. (they really don't like people mentioning it)

Reply to
Tabby

Dictatorship outranks capitalism.

Reply to
Tabby

On a sunny day (Wed, 27 Apr 2022 16:04:49 -0400) it happened Phil Hobbs snipped-for-privacy@electrooptical.net wrote in snipped-for-privacy@electrooptical.net:

They just send the KILL signal to your chip implant. No need for external 'tronics like a TV screen, just at birth a brain implant.

Few errors with todays software and coders :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

That's a laugh; Internet range is out to near Earth orbit, and you want your utility meters to compete for that against your TV remote control? One network isn't the answer, any more than one TV channel is the answer.

Maybe bluetooth/WiFi/Cat5 routing is a good thing, though. I want, if possible, long-range signals in a wired or fiber network, but a tablet or cellphone is SO convenient.

Reply to
whit3rd
<snip>

Tabby would think that, on the basis that he would be the dictator, and he's too silly to notice that dictatorships never work all that well at all, because the people in charge have the same kinds of delusions about their competence that he does.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

What we have is a mess. Many cell companies have various spotty coverage. Ditto cable TV and internet providers. Once people manage to get an internet provider, they have to install their own cables and wifi. Wires are strung on poles, sidewalks are dug up, dishes point everywhere and rust or get blown away. People pay for multiple services.

One uniform microcell mesh system would eliminate all that.

Imagine progress.

It would be nice for things to evolve this way but - and it is a huge BUT - the standards need to be public. They are anything but at the moment - the layers above IP and perhaps PPP are completely secret.

Privacy is overrated, as you say - I'd go a step further and say privacy will disappear completely before we know, however it has to disappear for *everyone*, *zero* exceptions.

Reply to
Dimiter_Popoff

The liberals will never go for that, the current mess is too proffitable, those further to the right even more so.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Just don't let John Larkin do it for you. One uniform microcell mesh system that was fast enough to satisfy the greediest bandwidth hog would be too expensive for anybody else to pay for.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

On a sunny day (Fri, 29 Apr 2022 00:32:09 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Billy Slowman spit crap again

You are a waste of time! Mental age < 10 IQ=

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Sadly, that's you.

In Jan's totally reliable opinion. It's just one more of his many very silly ideas.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

But it will be impossible to charge BEVs and impossible to figure out how to prevent global warming. I guess we need to tie it into capitalism, oh, wait, it already is!

Reply to
Ricky

Sometimes this group is too funny. One conspiracy theory vs. another conspiracy theory. I guess you can tell which one is right by noting who is abducted in the middle of the night by the black helicopter guys.

Lol!

Reply to
Ricky

And this guy thinks those concerned about climate change are alarmists! "The world is coming to an end! My cable is out!!!"

Reply to
Ricky

Google Translate: Jan >>> What everyone else speaks

"I can't debate Bill's rational arguments, so I'll call names."

Sometimes this group is better than watching Buddy Hacket or Rodney Dangerfield.

Reply to
Ricky

On a sunny day (Fri, 29 Apr 2022 07:26:11 -0700) it happened snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Well, that could be you. Hey, maybe you were right about life from space

More likely it formed here, but ALIEN could have stuffed some balls too :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Unikely. The deaths will be from disease and starvation in poor countries. They are already suffering from covid lockdown side effects.

jlarkin

On a sunny day (Fri, 29 Apr 2022 08:33:45 -0700) it happened snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

The war ByeThen provoked in Ukraine brings many Ukrainians here and hopefully also to the US that have not had shots against measles and other common illnesses most of us have been inoculated against. Russia is one of the biggest grain producers and now you have to get it elsewhere so the poor no longer have bread (more expensive). As US seems to try to pester Russia to the maximum a good chance that you get nuked and not only by Russia, many may join in, think China, N Korea, who has NO nukes these days? Biden with the stuff missing in the ball on his shoulders may indeed trigger WW3. Take a globe, look a the size of N America, can hardly find it... ;-0 All your so called allies will flee, leave you and your polly -tics, prefer to survive. Big Mafia gone

Reply to
Jan Panteltje