'inbyte' was not declared in this scope

Hello

I am using the Xilinx Platform Studio to program a Xilinx FPGA and I am trying to use C++. When I switch the compiler form gcc to g++ I immediately get an error telling me that

mfs_filesys_util.c: In function 'int mfs_copy_stdin_to_file(char*)': mfs_filesys_util.c:146: error: 'inbyte' was not declared in this scope

If anyone knows what the solution to this problem is I would be really appreciative. Thanks.

Greg

Reply to
Greg

g++ compiles C++ programs. Not C. The languages and system linkages are different. If the source file is of type .c that will create further confusion.

   Try the download section.
Reply to
CBFalconer

Alright this is also the conclusion that I came to. I knew I had to use extern "C" to mix and match C and C++ but the files that it fails on are not made by me or included by me. They are driver files that get compiled by the system automatically. I am unsure as to how to still use them and get them to work. Fortunantly it turns out we don't need that particular driver so we just took out the option that includes that driver. However, it would be nice to know how to fix this in the future.

Reply to
Greg